{ Update }

Howdy friends! Just a small reminder to those who want to continue reading this book, I'm currently starting to write the first official chapter!! Exciting, right?

Anyways, I thought it would be smart to go over a base layer of what will happen and what the main four of the story will tell and what they won't! (Also how they act on certain questions or accusations.)

(btw this is all set around the end of season 2)

So first off, quirks. As soon as they figure out that this world is based on quirks, they'll realize that they shouldn't just use their power willy-nilly. So what would they do?

Kurapika - Will have created the fib on saying that they just moved due to being kicked out of their old home and are still looking for a place to reside. He will bring up that his “Quirk” is called "chain user" - the chain is connected to each finger where little metal plates are stuck in his fingers. He can make the chains disappear and reappear and can use them as a weapon themselves but the main use is that he can tell if someone is lying. He is able to create different ways, like the needle poking the heart or the small ball that only wavers when in front of someone who isn't being truthful. After finding out that most, if not all, humans have drawbacks to their quirks, he will tell that he can't extend the chains too far or they make him weak, and using too many at once can also cause him to pass out. His fingers will “swell up” or “bruise” he says, but he claims he makes sure they don't and takes care of them. Kurapika will be the one to find them a place to stay.

Leorio - He would be the one they claim to have no quirk. For the most part, this is true. Since Kurapika and Leorio are the legal guardians, they sometimes get mixed up for a couple, so that might happen an abundant amount of times. For Leorio, they will claim that he was training to become a doctor before he ended up having to drop that because of the move. He might get along with a certain class because he may or may not take up an assistant job with a certain old lady with a healing quirk, maybe- But yes, he will help Recovery Girl.

Gon - Out of all of them, Gon will be considered the most energetic. He will be dragging them everywhere, kind of like a mix of Denki's energy and Izuku's energy, which is (Crackhead energy + soft boy energy = Gon energy) so yeah. They will claim that his quirk is based around sound waves. (Kind of like Vanya Hargreeves.) They call it “Scissors Paper Rock” and he will explain that he can sense sound waves through the earth, explaining why he's so good at telling where people are or being able to mask where he is. He might get carried away in his conversations and might end up saying something suspicious, but one of the others is always there to stop him and “correct him.” When/If they have to explain any scars the children have, Kurapika or Leorio will be the ones to explain something in private that they both were adopted by Leorio (because let's be honest, Kurapika would be too fed up with children so they went with the more plausible option) and that they were unlucky and hadn't been adopted for a while because they had so many scars and looked “scary” to others. They say that any scars there are from their original parents and that they're not okay with being asked or questioned about it.

Killua - His fib will be sweet and short. His parents were horrid and had his siblings join in on hating on him, causing his sometimes cold personality, but he still is able to smile with his makeshift family. It's true, though, so that part isn't much of a fib. The part that is a fib is that they'll say his quirk is “Voltage” - it takes the form of different things and comes from energy directly in the earth, which is why he can also sense things in the earth. The fact that he can hide his essence and very being is explained by Kurapika saying, “His parents put him through harrowing training that left him like this.” and that will cover most things for them. The two legal guardians will say that they tried to get the boys professional help but they politely refuse and go back to whatever they're doing. They seem like they've gotten over what they went through, mostly, though, so no action is taken upon this.