002 | Diagon Alley

Y/N's POV:

''Y/N, let's go; we will use floo power, which is the fastest for now.'' My dad stated this as he took some powder out of a cup, laying it in my hand. I held on tightly, keeping it inside my hand as I walked to the fireplace. ''Diagon Alley!'' I said loud and clear before I threw the powder into the fireplace. Green flames filled my sight as I felt a warm, tingling feeling all over my body.

In less than a second, the warm feeling faded away, loud noises from different wizards all came to light, and a new sight came to me. A road full of wizards talking to each other, having bags full of stuff in their arms, children running around, looking into the shops with the new brooms

I looked around before I felt two pairs of arms on my shoulder—my parents. They smiled at me, took my list of stuff I needed, and we walked to the first shop, Olivander's.

I opened the door as a soft bell went off. Rows of wands were all balancing on each other as a man with grey hair swept to the front with a ladder while he was organising them all. He walked up to us and took my hand. ''Ms. Black, I haven't seen one of you in ages, only your nephew Draco last year, but I suppose you don't have contact with such?'' I looked up confused; how did he know all those things? ''No, sir, we don't talk with that side of the family," I said, smiling. He raised an eyebrow: ''Really, no one?'' He knew I talked to my aunt; he better not say anything! He can't! She always appeared in the fireplace while sitting in Askaban; if people found out, she would get punished! I didn't know how she was even able to communicate, but she could.

He looked at my worried face and nodded, telling me with no words he wouldn't tell anybody. He swept around and walked to the hundreds of wands behind the counter. He thought, took a box from somewhere in the middle, and gave it to me. I looked at it with interest, moving it around my fingers, but I felt something was wrong; this wasn't it. ''Sweep with it, dear; even if something doesn't feel the best, that doesn't mean it is always wrong.'' I did what was asked, hoping nothing would happen, but the flowerpot on the counter exploded into thousands of pieces. Making me jump and giving the wand back to Mr. Olivander.

He nodded to himself as he thought, walking to the back of the shop and taking an old box with dust all over it. "I never thought I would let someone touch this one, but I have the strong feeling that this one belongs to you.'' He handed me a wand carefully in the hand. The moment I touched the handle, my whole body lightened, my h/l and h/c hair flew into the air, my feet flew into the air, and I was taken into it with my whole body into the air. Around my body, a blue-fading light came to place, and the two snakes that were colied around the shaft moved around my hand, connecting the two before going back to their original place, where now their eyes glowed a calming shade of red. The moment that happened, I sat down on the ground, and the colours faded away. I smiled at my parents, who looked shocked at me. This probably doesn't happen normally.

''Spruce wood with a unicorn hair core, 11 1/4 inches, and a slight springy flexibility, detailed with snakes around the shaft with red rubies filled as eyes.'' Mr. Olivander smiled at me with a small glint in his eyes. My parents nodded, bought the wand, and we walked out after I thanked Mr. Olivander.

After we got my wand, we went to Madam Malkin's and Slug and Jigger's Apothecary. As we walked towards Florean Fortescue's to get some peanut butter ice cream, we walked past Twilfitt and Tatting's, where, in the corner of my eye, I saw a face I knew very well from pictures. Narcissia. I tried to ignore her, but it seemed like she knew I was watching her. She looked up, and her face turned white. She walked up to us, looking behind her, hoping people didn't see her.

My mom looked up as she walked towards us, mad. ''What are you guys doing here? I thought you never wanted to use magic again. And who is this?'' The last question she asked me was, "Well, the fact that I don't use it anymore doesn't mean I can't go visit it here. And this is our daughter, Y/N.'' She smiled proudly at me, making me smile back. ''I thought you were Bellatrix." "Yes, she is adopted; and it turns out she has magic as well.'' Narcissia turned towards me with a smile. ''Don't let anyone talk you down, okay? Be yourself and stand your ground; that's what a true Black does.'' I smiled back and spoke: ''And I am happy to be a true Black." She nodded and walked away. It seemed like she didn't hate my mom. Maybe she thought differently about her than her parents did.

After we had the ice cream we continued our adventure, we made our way to Flourish and Blotts to get my schoolbooks. My parents needed to go somewhere, so I went on my own, but I couldn't get in. A gigantic row of screaming witches stood behind each other, trying to get in. What is going on?

''Ma'am, why is everybody standing in a row?'' I asked a red-haired woman with a few other red-haired kids next to her and also one boy with black hair. ''Gilderoy Lockhart is in there signing his newest book; obviously everyone wants to get a signature.'' She smiled at me, and I looked at her with a confused face. ''You don't know who that is, do you, dear?'' She asked again, and I shook my head. ''He is a writer who has defeated a lot of different monsters and helped so many people.'' I nodded, understanding it a little bit. ''Where are your parents, dear? You could wait here with my children to get in, then you don't have to wait on your own.'' ''I would appreciate that a lot, ma'am; I am Y/N and my parents went to a shop to get some stuff on their own.'' ''Nice to meet you, Y/N; my name is Molly Weasley, and these are my children, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny. I have a few more, but they don't go to school anymore.'' I smiled at the child and the boy with black hair.

''Are you going to Hogwarts too?'' I think Ron asked. ''Yes, this is my first year.'' ''Then you will be in the same year as Ginny.'' I looked at the girl my age and waved at her; she waved back. ''Just stay away from Malfoy; he bullies everyone.'' I smiled at him for being concerned. ''It's okay; one punch to me is two back, my aunt always said.'' I laughed as I thought about all the lessons Bella had taught me over the years.

Slowly, as we got closer to the table, Lockhart looked up in surprise. ''Harry Potter?! Well hello there, come take a picture with me!'' He took Harry by his arm and posed in front of the camera. ''We are getting the front page. Harry, smile happily.'' He didn't know what to do and felt pretty uncomfortable.

''Harry, come, we need to get your books! I will buy us ice cream afterwards!'' I spoke out loudly, hoping he would get away; it sort of worked. ''And who is this beauty?'' Lockhart spoke out loudly as he walked up to me. ''First of all, I am not a 'beauty', and my name is Y/N.'' ''And I think the beauty is a little feisty.'' I looked at him grossly before I took Harry's arm and walked upstairs to get our books.

After we got them all and I thanked the Weasleys by giving them some ice cream before I went to the shop, my parents and I said we should meet. ''Thank you for getting me out of there; I really felt way too uncomfortable.'' He spoke before I walked out. ''No problem; I mean, it was really nothing.''

The Wand:

>--------------------------------------------------------<