6. After Prom

This is right after Twilight ends after the prom scene. Enjoy! Please vote!!

Edward's lips pulled away from my throat slowly. My heart fluttered wildly in my chest. I glanced up at him as I balanced on his feet. He gave a small grin, the one I love, and slowly spun us around and around. The music barely reached us out here in the gazebo, but he did not need the song for rhythm. Just like everything else he did, he danced flawlessly, helping me along the way.

I rested my head on his shoulder. My heart ached. I could be flawless like him by now. James had done the hard part. I could be with Edward forever. He had refused to change me, to make me like him and his family. He knew that it had upset me but he did not know that it had hurt my feelings. If I wasn't worth changing, then he must not think me worth having around forever. I guess I could accept that. There was nothing spectacular about me when compared to Edward.

My head lifted from Edward's shoulder just as Alice came rushing towards us. She grinned widely and pulled me carefully off of her brother.

"Come dance with me, Bella," she demanded, her bright eyes twinkling.

Alice dragged me by my hand back inside the dimmly lit and poorly decorated gymnasium. The music was a catchy pop song I was barely familiar with, but everyone else seemed to know by heart, including the Alice. She sang the words with such delicacy that a few students turned to stare, though Alice was certainly used to odd looks by now.

Alice, Edward, and I joined the rest of their siblings to a corner of the dance floor. The rest of the students seemed unaware of why they did not feel comfortable around the Cullens, but did not question it. Edward said it was instincts; something that I apparently did not possess.

As we joined them, Rosalie managed to stare at me with the most terrifying glare. I could not help but take in her stunning beauty in her tight fitting dress, and she did not appreciate my constant glances. Edward stared sharply at her, and her face composed. She still managed to dance furthest away from me.

I could feel Jasper's wave of calm hitting me instantly. I'm sure he could feel the intensity. I gave him a grateful smile. He nodded once and grabbed Alice to dance with her once more.

Emmett grinned down at me. "Bella," he said as his grin widened. His tux was a glimmery mix between dark gray and black, that looked great on him, and made Rosalie's dress look even more stunning. The two matched greatly. I tried not to think about now much each Cullen was wearing at the moment.

"You can ask her," Edward said quietly. I looked up at him, confusion obviously on my face.

He brushed my curled hair off of my shoulder and tilted his head towards his largest brother. Emmett beamed again.

"How would you feel about dancing with me, Bella?" Emmett asked. He looked deviant. My eyes widened.

Edward was suddenly at my ear. "I won't let him drop you." He promised.

I gulped, but gave Emmett a small nod. He smirked and grabbed me gently around my waist just as the song changed to a more upbeat and fast paced melody. Emmett very stragetically picked me up and spun me around. He placed me back down on the floor just before I complained of feeling dizzy. He grabbed my right hand and put it straight up into the air and began spinning me around, twirling on my black boot. The room span faster and faster, my blue dress flaring around me. Just as Emmett let me stop spinning, he grabbed my waist once more and lifted me into the air.

After setting me back down, the song ended and I noticed several pairs of human eyes staring at me in awe. My face flushed.

"That was fun." Emmett stated. He ruffled my hair before making his way back to the fuming Rosalie. She no longer tried to stay cordial. Rosalie flipped her blond hair over her shoulder once and walked out of the gym in one swift movement, Emmett following her.

Edward pulled me against his side and kissed my temple. "How was it?"

"Kind of fun, actually." I admitted, a wide smile breaking out over my face.

He gave a soft smile. "See, aren't you glad you came to prom?"