Chapter Eleven: The Tale of Aya and Zuko

Extra long because I got carried away :P

After a great Spa Day with Toph and Katara, and a lot of searching with Aang, Aya finally had time to herself. She decided to meditate before wondering what she could do. While she meditated she saw a vision of Zuko. Confused, she looked into it and saw him working at a tea shop.

She opened her eyes and wondered. Was he in Ba Sing Se? And was Iroh with him? Last time she saw the old man he was injured badly and she didn't get the chance to make sure he was okay. She began to feel really worried about the kind old man, having no idea where they were and why she was getting visions of the Fire Bending boy.

She decided to go off into town. She brought a bag and some money so that she'd be able to find some gifts to give her family whenever she made it back home. She spent maybe five minutes in the upper ring before realizing everything here was double what she could afford, especially if she wanted to get gifts for five people.

She made her way to the lower ring, knowing it was going to be more in her price range. She already felt more comfortable when she arrived there, as the others there also had tattered clothing and a sense of work that some people in the higher rings didn't have.

She smiled as she walked down the street when she saw a man at a cart with a bunch of jewelry. She stopped thinking of Aki and Miko. As she looked through the selection of designs she saw a man running. She looked to see who it was and all she saw was green and gray rush by. She didn't think much of it at the time but after she picked some things out for her sisters she started to realize he looked like Iroh.

She thanked the man at the kiosk before rushing off. She saw Iroh in an alley talking to a man.

"You're alive!" Aya announced with a big smile.

"Aya what a surprise." Iroh smiled as he stood up. "How have you been?"

"I've been great. I was shopping when I thought I saw you run by. I'm so glad you're okay. I was so worried." Aya explained. Iroh looked to the man he was talking to and he also stood up.

"I should get going now. Thanks for the advice and the tea. It was great." The man thanked before he walked off and Iroh began to walk with Aya.

"So what are you doing in Ba Sing Se?" She questioned.

"My nephew and I are here as refugees. We've been going under different names so that the people won't worry about us." He explained as they walked. "My name is now Mushy."

"I love it. It fits you well." Aya laughed. "And how's Zuko?" She questioned quietly.

"He goes by Lee now, and he's doing well. He's not quite accustomed to the refugee lifestyle yet." He explained. Aya nodded in understanding. He grew up a prince all his life so going from that to the lower ring must've been very different.

"He was really worried about you that day." Aya recalled. "We offered to help him but he wouldn't let us."

"So you're traveling with the Avatar now?" He questioned and Aya nodded. "Maybe it best if you didn't tell my nephew that."

"Why?" Aya asked confused as the arrived at a tea shop.

"Would you agree if I just asked you to trust me?" He asked as Aya tilted her head lightly and then smiled.

"Of course." She replied before they walked in to the tea shop. When they got in Aya saw him and they both made eye contact. He was shocked to see her while she just gave him a kind smile.

"How have you been Lee?" She asked curiously as they got closer. Zuko turned to his uncle and back to her wondering how much they talked about.

"I've been okay. Why are you here?" He asked confused.