3: Agreement

When Betty wakes up, it's already almost noon. She quickly gets off the bed and hurries to the bathroom to pee, after what she wonders back into the room.

Her eyes go over the toy corner with a wooden chest, the chest of drawers, and all the other furniture in the big room.

Her bed has safety things on it and it looks even cozier and safer that way.

The whole room resembles one of a toddler, or maybe a first grader.

Betty slowly goes downstairs when she smells coffee, and stops when she sees Jughead in the living room on the couch. He's writing in his laptop and sipping coffee every once in a while.

Betty quietly walks to him shyly. He notices almost immediately.

"Good morning, sweetheart."

"Morning," she quietly says and sits down next to him on the other side of the couch.

Smiling, Jughead closes his laptop and looks at her. "Are you big today?"

Her cheeks add some colors but then she nods. "Sorry about that," she apologizes and looks at him from under her long dark eyelashes. "Sometimes I just feel different..."

"Do, don't apologize. It's cute."

She smiles a little and looks down at her hands.

They sit there for a moment before she quietly clears her throat and looks at him shyly. "Do I have to go now?"

Jughead almost gasps at that. "No. I think we should talk a bit, if you're comfortable with that?"

Betty slowly nods, surprised that she isn't forced out of her clothes and thrown out.

"Alright," he smiles. "And what would you like for breakfast?"

She gets up when he does, smiling a little. "Anything you have."

He nods. "You eat eggs, right?"

"Yep!"

"Do you like waffles or pancakes more?"

"I don't really-"

She shuts up when he gives her a look.

"Waffles," she whispers.

"Good. And you eat syrup and caramel and chocolate sauce?"

"Yeah."

They both go into the big kitchen and Jughead takes out all the necessary things plus a bowl and a measuring cup.

He looks over at her. "Do you wanna help again?"

She nods, a bit shyly, and he can't help but wonder if she's more quiet when she's big. Though when she was little, she was also not very outgoing.

.................

After the food has been eaten and Betty can't manage to eat any more, they move tot he couch in the living room. She falls onto the couch immediately and curls her knees to her chin.

"Tired now?" Jughead smiles.

"The food's so good," she just says.

"Yeah."

"What do you do for work?" Betty asks as she looks at the expensive laptop on the table.

"Oh, I write."

"Books?"

"Yeah. And articles when I'm bored. Also, my grandpa founded this community here, and so sometimes I help my dad out with paperwork."