7: Daddy

When Betty woke up, she was in her own bed. Instead of the dress she had on a new purple pajama with stars all over the pants and a big moon on the shirt, and a pair of warm socks on her feet.

She sat up with her new buddy the hedgehog under her arm, and climbed out of bed immeditely. With her little feet against the floor, she ran over to Jughead's room only to find it empty.

Betty wandered around the upper floor before going downstairs and running straight to Jughead who was sitting on the couch. He smiled and laughed when she suddenly sat down next to him.

"Have a great nap, princess?" he asked when she cuddled into his side.

Betty nodded with her thumb going into her mouth and rested her head against his side.

Jughead kissed her head with one arm still around her and took a few minutes to finish some work on his laptop before closing the lid and looking over at his baby.

"Are you hungry, sweetheart?"

Betty shook her head and pointed at the tv instead. "Watch movies?"

"You wanna watch movies again?" Jughead chuckled.

Betty who had only done that the past day, nodded. It was fun and she liked seeing all the cute films that made her happy. She didn't know there was something just as good she could do.

"We watched a lot of tv yesterday, baby, and I think Ill have to limit your screen time."

The girl whined with a pout. "Why?"

"Cause it's not good for your eyes," Jughead said. "But we could go to your room and check out all the new toys we bought?"

Betty's eyes lit up at that and she nodded and jumped off the couch. Jughead chuckled and followed her upstairs.

She was already standing in front of the paper bags, not knowing what to do.

"Why don't we change out of your pajamas and into something else, huh?" Jughead asked, picking her up to carry her to her dresser.

"Comfy?" Betty asked when he placed her down in front of it.

"Sure. Whatever you'd like."

They looked through the drawers together, the girl's eyes wide and happy when she saw all the clothes she had for the first time in her life. There were more than two shirts which had never happened to her before, and other than that, they were what she had picked out, childish and pretty and just what she liked.

"What do you wanna wear?" Jughead softly asked soon when they had looked through the drawers.

He could see Betty was overwhelmed by it all and starting to get jittery, so he just kissed her forehead. "Why don't I pick something out for you, huh?"

She nodded. Jughead gently took her hand into his to get her used to the idea of having a lot of clothes and being able to choose from them. Together, him deciding and her watching, shyly almost hiding behind his arm, they chose a jumpsuit for her.

 Together, him deciding and her watching, shyly almost hiding behind his arm, they chose a jumpsuit for her