-Chapter 4-

Nezu smiled as his employees entered the room. Chiyo was the first to arrive, concern plastered onto her face. After her was Toshinori, then Hizashi and Shouta.

"Hello everyone! I have arranged this meeting by the request of Chiyo. Would you like to begin, now?"

"Yes thank you. I've brought us all together so that I can discuss some stuff regarding Izuku Midoriya." Chiyo paused, inspecting everyone's expressions before continuing. "I have noticed, some.. unexpected behaviour from the boy." Chiyo reached into her pocket, taking out her notes.

"So far I have observed the following: spacing out, muttering to himself, now when I say that, I don't mean his normal rambling, I mean the fact that he has started mumbling incoherent words and phrases. After that we have: unfocused eyes, blank expressions when not acting terrified of nothing." She explained.

Hizashi looked deep in thought, face pale.

Toshinori was trembling. What had happened to his successor?

Shouta scrunched his nose, trying to keep the concern out of his eyes. He should have noticed the signs sooner. As heroes, they were required to recognise what the signs are and what they might mean.

He had a few ideas of what this could mean. Maybe, he had bipolar? No, maybe it could be a case of Dissociative Identity Disorder? Or... no it couldn't be. It was incredibly unlikely for the boy to have Schizophrenia, he should just take Izuku to a psychiatrist. 

"We 'cannot make any assumptions until we have further evidence and have him see a psychiatrist. I request that one of you join the session with Izuku. You're all very familiar with the boy, and I'm sure he trusts you. Would anyone like to volunteer?" Nezu stated.

All three teachers raised their hands. Chiyo knew she couldn't go with Izuku due to her needing to stay in her office. She wished she could go.

"Well I'm going to organise a meeting with Izuku and his mother to discuss this further. I'll let Izuku decide who he wants, please don't feel bad if he doesn't choose you. I ask that you all keep an eye out for Izuku and make sure he's okay and if you encounter more strange behaviour, please inform me." Nezu finished.

Everyone nodded, Shouta quietly muttering, 'problem child' under his breath.

"Now, before we wrap this up, is there anything else any of you would like to address?" Nexu asked, paws clapping together.

Shouta raised his hand.

"Yes Shouta?" Nezu requested him to begin.

"Recently Izuku's grades have started falling. I noticed it a few months ago, and has continued to decline to the point where I had to give him multiple failures. I should have looked more into it..." Aizawa grumbled with stress. He was too old for this shit.

"I too have noticed this in my class. He doesn't seem to be able to focus in class recently, and now that I think about it, it did start to go downhill after around 3 or 4 months ago." Hizashi added.

"I saw similar behaviour in hero lessons, and I'd become a bit worried for the boy." All Might pitched in.

Recovery girl seemed deep in thought, as if she herself, was trying to figure out what was going on. Her face was scrunched, wrinkles only adding to her tired look.

"Ah, thank you. I will take this into account. Is that all?"

Finally, Chiyo raised her hand, before adding, "Apparently, according to some of his friends, after an incident when his whole class were gathered at the mall, Izuku had suddenly started 'looking like he'd seen a ghost' before running back to the dorms. When he was questioned, he had told told his friends that he was feeling ill from because he was taking 'prescription medicine'. However, when I checked his student profile, he didn't have any medications listed." Chiyo explained, with a sigh.

"That is most peculiar. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Anything else?" Nezu asked, taking a sip of the tea that was starting to get cold on his desk.

The others in the room looked at each other before shaking their heads. No one had anything more to say.

"Okay! Meeting dismissed." Nezu waved them out of his office.

Shouta run his hand through his hair, before standing up to leave behind the others.

"Shouta!" Nezu called out before the teacher could exit the room. "Promise to keep an eye on Izuku. He is a rather interesting boy. I want to make sure he's okay." Nezu smiled.

Shouta just huffed and nodded his head before leaving the room. The raven haired man walked back to the 1A classroom, grabbing his sleeping bag from the teachers lounge on his way.

As soon as he entered the classroom, he was bombarded with noise. All of his students were out of their chairs and chatting happily with their friends. Except for Izuku who was seated at his desk surrounded by his 'squad'.

His friends were trying to get him to converse with them, but Izuku just ignored them. When Shouta looked closer, he could see the boys mouth moving fast, like he was talking silently to someone.

Shouta groaned and entered the room, the students immediately shutting up and scrambling back to their seats.

"Just because i wasn't here doesn't mean you can goof around. You're here to be heroes so take it seriously." Shouta glared at them. His students nodded quickly.

Shouta eyed his students who were sitting with their heads down. Those damn kids were going to make his hair go grey.

Shouta began the lesson, constantly glancing back to Izuku. Something was definitely up with his student. He wasn't paying attention to what Shouta saying, he wasn't taking notes, he wasn't even displaying a single emotion. He should ask the boy what was up with him. No,he'll take his student to see a psychiatrist and discuss the symptoms. That's what he'll do.

Izuku wanted to sleep. He wanted to escape from this hell. Maybe, he should just kill himself. Yeah, that was probably the only smart idea he had.

Izuku jumped when the bell pulled him out of his thoughts. Voices flooded his head, each voice trying to make him go insane. Maybe, he will.

It was stupid honestly. What happened to him?

He groaned as he dragged his body out of the classroom, limbs protesting the movement. The shadow that always followed him was trailing after Izuku, causing the boy to feel very unsettled.

His heart was pounding. His mind was swimming. His vision danced around him, yet he managed to make it back to his dorm. His shaking hands fumbled through the contents in his desk, searching for the blade he cared so deeply for.

The longer it took him to find it, the more anxious he grew. He needed it. He needed it. He needed it. He needed it. He needed itheneededitheneededit.

A sob wretched his body, tears starting to stream down his face. He couldn't hear anything, the voices screaming into his head. He banged his head on his desk, relishing in the painful yet comforting sensation that followed it.

A knock on his door grabbed his attention. Who would want to talk to him?

He tried to hide the bruise that was forming on his head with his hair, and lazily swung the door open to be met with the face of his homeroom teacher.

"I'm 'gonna go straight to the point. The school spoke with your mother and we booked you a psychiatrist appointment this weekend."