Ch1_A Faint Memory

The snow gently descended onto the lone town that glowed with warmth. Children danced as snowflakes fell and the breeze blew by.

Though small, this town was filled with warm souls. The sound of laughter and company. A place where you could walk into and become friends with anyone. You were never alone.

Shop lights reflected against the snow and lit up the town.

Snowdin.

The snow fell relentlessly. The breeze cold enough to bite through any life from in its way.

The pine trees towered over every body entering the forest. The snow was deep.

The aura dark, filled with shadows.

Snowdin Forest.

A small, withered soul made it's way through the cold. A small, bruised and scarred everywhere you looked. A small, shivering with every ounce of its being shuttering with each step. A small sould protected by nothing but a torn shirt, pants, and shoes, for everything else had been stripped away from it.

Older children can be so very mean sometimes. You were either a target, or invisible.

They said sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Yet his bones bleed and his soul aches.

~present~

It was beautiful day outside. The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming. On days like this, monsters and humans live along side each other on the surface.

(Sans's pov)

No more resets. What a thought. But they promised this time, so, it couldn't happen again... right?

I lay awake staring at the ceiling, the sun peeked through my curtains and practically lit the whole room. It was still pretty early and since it was the weekend, no one was awake right now.

I sat up in bed and walked to the door, putting on my signature blue jacket that is honestly, way too big for my size. When I opened my door, the halls were still quiet. I took a small shortcut downstairs, not wanting to wake anyone up and went into the kitchen.

I'm not sure why, but I wanted to make breakfast for once. It wasn't something I had done for a long time. Well, not since Papyrus was young. I reached to get flour and other stuff you put in pancakes (i dunno what be in pancakes dudes, here's me cooking with thumbtacks in the batter).

I was stepped back and looked at my work, enough for everyone. It may have been a while since I've cooked, but I still got it.

Just then, I heard voices come down the stairs, but I got hit by a wave of sleepiness. Before anyone entered the kitchen, I took a shortcut to my room, flopping on my bed. I heard the voices downstairs talking but my mind pushed them away as sleep overcame me.

(Papyrus's pov)

The smell of food woke me and I sat up on my bed. The clock read 6:45 pm, maybe Toriel had made breakfast. I walked out my room, and as I passed the hall, everyone else woke and we conversed whilst walking downstairs. Undyne thought we should go to the park and train. We didn't have to, but it was to keep us on our feet, and I didn't disagree. Alphys had found a cool new anime to watch, so I guess we have a few things to do.

Before we entered the kitchen, I noticed Toriel behind me. Wait, then who was downstairs. We all peered into the kitchen to see...

no one?

That's odd, yet there was still food on the table for all of us. "LADY TORIEL, DID YOU MAKE THIS?", I questioned. "I cannot say I have. Alphys, Undyne, what about you?" The couple both shook their head in equal confusion as all of us. Frisk approached the food and sniffed it. "It smells pretty good though", the tiny human said.