I didn't sleep that night. But when I woke up, Nick had his arm around me so I snuggled in deeper. To me, the best thing in the world is cuddling. Nick turned his head over to me and smiled. "You okay?" he asked, his voice a whisper. I smiled back. "Perfect," I said. The look he gave me sent shivers down my spine. Why can't every day be like this? I thought. There was a knock on the door and my mom walked in. I gasped and threw the covers over me, showing Nick sitting in bed next to me with no shirt on.
She didn't look the least bit fazed. She had a tray with muffins and coffee, which she laid down on the table in my room. She set the tray down and smiled. "Mackenzie," she said. "You can come out." I peeked out from my cave and when I realized she wasn't yelling, I sat up. "We were just cuddling," I blurted. As soon as I said it, I felt like an idiot. Mom laughed. "I'm not doubting you," she said. And then, she walked out.
When the door shut, I couldn't believe it. I started laughing with relief. Nick turned his head to me. "What are you laughing at?" he asked. I smiled and flopped back down on the pillow and happily smiled. "I thought she would scream at me," I said as I threaded my fingers through his. I like being in love.

Throughout the week, Nick would stop by. I don't know how he did it, but he would drive over in his Dad's old car over. We would cuddle and kiss and then he would sadly have to go home. After a few weeks, he came over one Thursday with his guitar. "So," I said when we were in my room. "Why'd you bring it today?" He shrugged and said, "Maybe because I wanted to play you a song." I sighed. "You don't have to do this," I told him. Nick shook his head. "I'm doing it because I want to," he said. Shaking my head, I climbed onto my bed and watched as he pick up his guitar. He started strumming the opening cords. I didn't recognize the song until he started singing.
'Cuz I wanna wrap you up, I wanna kiss your lips. I wanna make you feel wanted. I wanna call you mine, I wanna hold your hand forever. Never let you forget it. I wanna make you feel wanted.
I smiled and started swaying along to his music. You got to love a Hunter Hayes song. I was obviously blushing as I started singing with Nick and his guitar. When the song was done, Nick rolled over to my bed and we sat on bed cuddling. He wrapped his arms around me, kissed my lips, and held my hand. And I didn't forget it. My eyes were close as we hugged, but I felt Nick look over at me, with his eyebrows raised. I could read his mind and face.
You okay? I smiled and laughed as I rolled over, grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him on the other side if the bed. He laughed as he started tickling me, causing me to squeal with laughter. When I got my breath under control, I giggled and whispered, "Perfect."
When Nick left, I sat on my bed on Twitter, as usual. I texted him three minutes ago and he hasn't answered. I know I sounded like those girls who are too attached to their boyfriend, but it really concerned me why he wasn't answering. I waited for a few more minutes, but he didn't respond.
I walked into the living room where I found my dad. "Do you know where Nick is?" I asked. He looked up from his book. "Well no," he said. "I haven't, but wouldn't he text you?" I nodded and said, "Yeah but he hasn't texted me in a while and I'm getting worried." Dad motioned me to sit down with him. I sat on the couch and he out his arm around me. "Don't worry," he told me. "He'll call." I shook my head. "That's not why I'm worried." I put my head on his shoulder. "Talk to me," he said. "We don't talk to me anymore." I sighed. "Well, I'm not just scared of him not talking to me," I said. "I'm scared of losing him. That one day he'll just..." My voice trailed off thinking about Nick and what he could be doing. It's just that I'm scared something will go wrong and he won't be okay. Dad sighed and said, "When you love someone, you'd do anything to protect them."