O.4 - Puzzlement & a Witty Fight.

in the future, humor will be randomly generated

geez who knew a christan cucumber would predict meme culture huh

also the du fandom/community really scares me like genuinely i fear a lot of the days union authors and artists because they're so intimidating h

dear days union community pls stop being so scary :(
kinda short
---

"I don't understand. What do you mean 'Don't fall in love?'"

"It's simple, Y/N. It's never a good thing to fall in love with someone in another world besides your own."
Y/N let out a sigh hearing Albert's statement, 'Tch. As if I'd fall in love.' You thought.
"Trust me, I'll be the last person you'll catch falling in love, you have my word." You replied, determined.
"Ahh, that's good to hear. Have you ever heard of the story where a young girl got sucked into another dimension and fell under loves spell with the emperor? And ended up destroying the entire universe."

"Sounds like a stupid sci-fi. Boring."
"Thats because I made it up just now, hah."
You and Albert shared a laugh and continued talking with each other until you had to go back to the headquarters.
You decided to walk alone, reassuring your escort that you were fine, and didn't have to worry about getting hurt. You blended in quite nicely with the crowd anyway, it's not like someone would intentionally attempt to kidnap you for their own bidding or anything, right?

Wrong.

You turned a corner into a narrow empty ally-way, which was a quicker way to get to the Days HQ. You found this route on the map Albert had given you, which was thoroughly written through with notes about essential parts of Wonderland's history, the way things worked, economy, and more.

You heard distant foot steps in front of you. Your head shot up towards the noise and there stood what looked to be an operative that had a too-familiar uniform...

You didn't recognize them, they had a similar hat to Horrids' but it was so obviously apparent to you that they were a Night Operative, who you already knew were trouble.
The unnamed night operative inched nearer...

(omg guys quick, play bloody stream 😻😻 LWODKEDJDJ)

You shot a glare towards their direction, as the menacing grin on their face only widened mischievously. You instantly raised up your arms and positioned your legs in a fighting position, "S-Stay back!" You squeaked. The Night operative only inched nearer, ignoring your pleads.
Just as they were about to grab your wrist, you acted on instinct and swiftly gave a kick towards their direction, as graceful as a high kick could be.

Knocking their hand out of the way, possibly ripping a muscle in their arm or two with a swift high-kick, you swung your arm towards the dark operatives face. Without even realizing it, the free and unharmed hand of theirs went up and forcefully gripped it tightly. Letting out a gasp of suprise, you grunted as they dragged you to the floor. You slipped into your knees and screamed out of fear. You felt so vulnerable and weak in the Night operatives grip but forced yourself to keep your guard up, no way in hell you were coming with these damned nights!
Even with the possibility that your arm could be twisted in the process of attempting to injure the operative, you still went with your luck.
Taking a deep breath, you punched thr Night's operative in his groin-region. He let out a large groan and wail, his grip on your wrist loosening. Taking this opportunity, you slipped your hand out his his grasp and while he clutched onto his lower region in pain, you used your arm to "chop" him in this side. He stumbled to the side on his right knee and using all your might, shoving him onto his back and ever so gracefully kicked him in the chin with your heels. God honestly for once did you bless your soul for even willing to put on point toed high-heels that morning. The night operative wailed in pain, crawling up into a little ball on the cobblestone street. You took this opportunity to run, lifting up the hem of your dress and booked it, kicking off your heels half way through and chucked it at the night operative before running further on bare feet, to the Days HQ.

---

pee
Kinda a filler chapter! But I wanted to embrace the MC (you) a little more and kinda fill you guys in so that there's more of a connection :')
Suprise surprise! The MC (you ofc) can fight! I was listening to bloody stream while writing this so LLMAODOSOXKSDN BUt I decided on making the self insert a little more courageous and bold so that she wouldn't seem like the 'damsel in distress' stereotype, even being a ballerina dancer who loves children and fairytales, she has her bold edges.

You'll learn alot more about her personality in the coming future :^) I don't just wanna focus this on 'omg luv with operatives 😻' but kinda make it seem interesting with a interesting mc if you get me?? 😸