Corridors 2

I pick up the blade and hold it close to me. "What in the world..." I whisper under my breath. Just then I hear a crack. I clutch the blade tight with fear. I hear another loud crack.

I grip the blade as I peak out of the door way, nothing. I walk a ways, keeping and eye out for anything. Another crack must be some sort of glass by the sound. Crash, crash, crash. Finally I get close to the sound.
I take a deep breath before opening the door.

There's a tall man in there, He looks about seventeen maybe eighteen. A line of sweat rides down his neck. He is in a fighting stance, a shard of tan ceramic in his hand. He looks at me and straightens, still panting a bit. He has jet-black hair and golden eyes. They stand out from his tan face, like a little amber flame in a bonfire. He wears a dark navy blue fedora-looking hat, along with a dark blue over coat and pants. The back of the fedora ends in spikes at the back.

He appears very formal, except for one thing that I have to make a double take at.

He has a tail.

I stare at it as it whips across the floor; it's the same color as his clothes and hat, with a small tuff of black fur at the end. He drops the ceramic, it makes a hollow cracking sound as it hits but it does no damage.

"Hello." He says in a mellow voice. It's not very high but not very low either, still I hold the sword tight in my grip. He moves his hand, palm up, out to me. His arms are long, but so is he, with his height he towers above me. Even though we are at a far distance I can tell he would tower over anyone.

I walk up a little, shaking his hand nervously. He smiles, showing a bit of white teeth. He kneels down to me. "I'm sorry if you heard the commotion, my name is Ethan." I smile a little. "That sword," He says. "Do you know what it does?"

I look down at the gleaming blade. Then shake my head.
He asks if he can hold it and I let him. He runs his fingertips lightly down its side. "This blade...well let me show you. If you would have held it I would have disappeared." He says giving it back to me, a bit of laughter in his voice.

"What's your name?" He asks politely. "Talim." I say simply, I choke up a bit. "I can tell you are nervous around me." I hesitate before nodding. He smiles again. "Don't worry I'm not a bad guy." He says.

Ethan and I walk out of the room. Though I can't remember how tall I am, he still towers above me, probably by a couple of feet. I only come up hardly to his chest, no more. He adjusts his hat, it's a weird shape, and it comes back to points at the end. I admire it; it's a beautiful hat. He looks at me with his gold eyes.

"Talim, do you trust me?" He asks softly. "I know we have just met, but I need you to whole heartedly trust me ok?" I nod, I already trust him.

We walk from the upstairs to the main floor; his long legs could probably take two steps at a time if he really wanted. As we leave the main entrance and enter the kitchen he walks over to a gap in between the fridge and one of the counters.

Ethan uses his shoulder to push the fridge out of the way. It scratches across the floor and underneath is a large rotting trap door. He walks over it and pulls up the door no problem.
It hits against the wall with a dull thud. He looks back at me with his gold eyes and whips his tail. We both then walk down into the place as he says, "Welcome to the Corridors."