Corridors 3

Ethan then hurries down the old stairs, with me close behind. We keep going until we hit the musty old concrete floor.

As he slowly walks through the long empty corridors, I ask. "Ethan, what is this place?" Ethan looks at me calmly.
"It's..." He pauses for a second as he walks.

"It's a long story. But this is about your sword, about why you are here" He keeps walking as he starts to tell me the story. "Before your parents bought this house, a man lived here. He was a well-known scientist who had a very lovely doctor at his side who also happened to be his wife. He was famous for, combining things. He loved to put two things together and make a whole new creature. He was fascinated in the idea of a chimera you could say. Everyone knew of his name but no one had seen his much of his work. They only saw one thing." He says.

"What was it?" I ask.

"It was I." He says. "I was the first ever experiment who still looked human by the end. The only trace of animal in me being my tail and sometimes instincts, it took me so long before I became fluent in English. He showed me off like a prized cake in a bakery window and everyone was impressed. Some professors from Germany were interested in his work and they told him they would supply him with everything he needed to continue..." He pauses for a second.

"His wife was there to make sure everything went as planned. With the money they built this underground bunker so he could experiment, this was his lab. He spent so much time down here that he never had a reason to go to his normal house. But after a while, the Germans noticed that he wasn't coming up with anything and was going to cut his studies. But he still had me. Around that time, his wife was teaching me how to read and write, and coping with this new life style I guess you could say."

"He was furious at them when they docked his supplies. He was going to show them something huge, something no one has seen before. He told everyone that he was going to create a being that could simply draw anything it liked and it would come to life. He tried everything but kept failing. His test subjects volunteered for this. He wanted great artists from all around to participate, but for some reason, something always kept going wrong and it didn't work."

"I think he went through thirty or so people before the German professors didn't believe him anymore and stopped supplying the things he needed. He was just about ready to give up until his wife volunteered... But like the others..." He stops, and lets out a low whisper. "It didn't work."

"He was so ashamed by what he had done he didn't know what to do anymore. I hated him for using her, she was the only one that taught me how to be normal, how to be ok in this new form. He almost stopped his studies... until a young blonde girl volunteered that is. She was a small, and about ten years old at the time, most people he had tested before were older but talented. But she wasn't very good at drawing, disappointed by this; he still was going to try. It worked finally. She was combined with an almost super like power, I never got to see it, but she was somehow connected with a small sketchbook. This sketchbook could make anything come to life."

"He was so overcome by joy that he immediately called the professors and told them the news. When he brought her to them, she began to draw, but nothing came out. The professors were so angry with him that they made him leave and he was forbidden to return. Later that night when him and her had returned to the lab, she could draw and the drawings would come to life down there. He was ashamed by how she had ruined his reputation."

"He yelled at her for this, she was so unhappy that she supposedly drew a toy box and well... left. In his personal memos he claimed that she had made another dimension in the toy box but only people she would allow to pass would pass. She has left something for him in a fit of rage. She left a single present. A charm with a blue diamond, inside the diamond kept inside a curse for his experiments to take revenge for the lies and pain he had put them through."

"So here we are, and down here, anything can happen." Ethan says.
Ethan whispers. "They want their revenge on Mr. Barley, the scientist, but they are just as savage as him. They are going to want to make anyone suffer like they had to. Not only the artist but everyone he experimented with. Because of that charm, they can get what they deserve." He kneels again.

"I am not here for revenge, I am just here to help get everyone out, help everyone pass on." He gets up and we continue walking.

Just then we step into a dining room sort of place. In the middle of a room sits a table. The table is fairly big but still small. I walk up to the table and look at it closer. One chair looks more recently touched than the other but still looks dusty and old.

In the center of the table a single yellow rose sits in a rouge vase. It looks slightly wilted though. Two extravagant plates lay in front of the chairs. The silverware has gold intertwining it. The red tablecloth is rough around its edges, and leaning beside the vase is a dark wood picture frame. The picture is a very pretty lady, her face lights up what seems to be the whole picture frame. It's hard to tell a lot of detail in the frame because the picture is so yellowed.

Ethan quietly walks up beside me and says. "Her names Eleanor. Dr. Eleanor." I sigh. "He must have really loved her." He nods. "When I was down here, I noticed such a powerful connection between them... it was perfect really." He sighs. "But she cared about me so much as well, to make sure I could be ok." Just then out of the corner of my eye I see a figure.

I turn to see a young girl standing in the corner; she looks a little smaller than me. She lets out a storm of high-pitched giggles and twirls up to a chandelier above the table. Long rainbow color wings sprawl out from her shoulder blades. "We don't get visitors often." She squawks out like a parrot. She lands on the chandelier like a bird, her wings surrounding her.
She giggles again. "You look a lot like the boy the man brought in not too long." She squawks again, tilting her head. "What did this boy look like." she cackles out a fit of giggles again. "I don't know, but maybe for the right price I'll tell you."

Ethan pierces his gold eyes to her.

"Have you forgotten she can free you? Don't you remember the sword? Don't you want to get out? End your suffering?" He talks in a smooth voice.

"Humph, sure she can, but the boy had wavy blonde hair and grey eyes. And if you are the one who will save us you'll be able to use the Blade of Souls. Do you have it?" I lift up the blade towards her.

When I pull out the blade, the parrot girl squawks ear piercingly loud. She starts to twirl in the air as her light colored hair flies in the air, Her wings glowing slightly. She quickly flies over and lands on the blade. Immediately she disappears, something falls on the blade. I smile as I see a blade holster where she was before.