The Cabin in the Mountains

Magica De Spell begrudgingly soaked the mop and began to get to work. She was suckered into doing the night shift at Funzo's Funzone since the usual janitor was unavailable. If she had things her way, she'd make him suck it up and do his job anyway. Actually, if she really had her way, she'd be on top of the world, Scrooge McDuck and his entire family having been destroyed, and Lena facing eternal punishment for her betrayal.

"One day," she muttered to herself as she got to work. A few minutes of silence was followed by a noise at the front door. "Look, if your child is allergic to latex, you he shouldn't have asked for a balloon animal!"

When she was met with no response, she looked over to see there was no one else in the building. With  shrug of her shoulders, Magica got back to work.

"De Spell," mumbled a deep, male voice that rang throughout the entire building, causing Magica to tense.

"Who are you? Where are you? What do you want?" Magica asked the seemingly empty establishment.

"To settle a debt," the voice answered. Magica's mop was suddenly taken from her and floated away.

"How are you doing that? Come out and face me, you coward!" Magica challenged.

The voice seemed to chuckle. "Fifteen years of nothing but obsessing over a single man instead of putting your powers to good use, and I'm the coward. Besides, it's not my fault I did what you never could."

"What are you talking about?" Magica asked, still looking for the source of the voice.

"McDuck. You're still interested in seeing him burn, unless I'm mistaken," the voice replied. The doors to the establishment swung open. "Come see for yourself."

"And what if I don't?" Magica asked.

Suddenly, she was picked up off the ground and floated out the front doors. She looked toward McDuck Manor to see a faint orange glow. Several sirens could be heard as a fleet of fire trucks sped toward the hill. McDuck Manor was on fire.

"Who are you?" Magica asked again, this time nearly out of fear. Her body was turned back to the doors. Inside, a figure came into view, one that Magica recognized immediately. "No! You're dead!"

"Always make sure your victim's dead. You taught me that," the figure replied, his gaze hard and terrifying. "And now, you'll get a firsthand report on my progress since we parted ways."

Magica was pulled back inside, but she held onto the doors as hard as she could. "No please! I beg of you!"

Her grip gave out, and the doors were slammed shut, the many sirens shrouding out her screams.

————————————————————————————————

"Let me get this straight, you found someone to get us a pardon, and it just happened to be my sister?" Louis asked Sam as the descended the stairs, where Della and Chloe were already talking.

"I didn't know. I just got the opportunity and took it," Sam replied. "What does it matter anyhow?"

"I kinda didn't want my family getting mixed in with my... personal life," Louis answered. Sam simply raised an eyebrow at him. "Anymore than they already are."

"So, someone wanna tell me why McDuck Manor's burnt down?" Chloe asked once Louis and Sam finally got to the bottom.

"Good to see you too, sis," Louis replied sarcastically. "You're FBI; remember Travis from a couple months ago?"

Chloe sighed and looked away. "Yeah, I remember. For some reason, I don't have any trouble believing that. What are you doing out here, anyway? And why was Magica's corpse found in the manor as well?"