(4) Drizzling Mornings

hihi !!

i did not mean to die, school was absolutely pulverizing my being so i had to resurrect myself a few times sorry lmao

enjoy the chapter :DD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You needed NyQuil.

~*~

Waking up to the sound of light pattering on your window was, in your opinion, the best way to wake up. It was the equivalent of being wake up with a gentle shake. It wasn't startling or scary, it was gentle and sweet. It allowed you to wake up gradually unalarmed, and get ready at your pace with the gentle rain acting as a song that guides you through the mornings.

With your mind clear of any intruding thoughts, you got ready for the morning. More concerned for your face and hair than your clothes. Even so, your routine wasn't all that complicated. You scrubbed it thoroughly with good face-friendly soap and put on sunscreen. Then just ruffled your hair a bit. Your feet descended you downstairs and into the kitchen with your roommate making commotion in the kitchen.

"Did you completely forget classes yesterday?"

You yawned stretching, shaking your head in the process. "I just purposely skipped them." You showed a sleepy smile as you started helping her with breakfast. 

She pouted in response. Not happy with your answer, "You shouldn't skip classes."

"You left class. I'm pretty sure you literally just stood up and sprinted out of the class abruptly. Maybe even yelled a couple of times." You gave her a knowing smirk. She huffed and flipped you off, grumbling as she walked off. "Oi! What are you making?"

"Figure it out yourself dumb bitch." She responded. You deadpanned in her direction, deciding to get started.

You hummed as you looked at the ingredients she had set out. A variety of fruits and veggies, some batter ingredients, and meats. Your eyes flickered over the counter, depicting what she could've been making. Seconds later, you deduced it was going to be pancakes, with a bacon veggie mix side and fruit. Which didn't sound appealing this particular morning. Narrowing your eyes at it you ponder what you could've done instead. After a silent argument, you switched it out for crepes. As you prepared the batter, you went over the short little conversation you had not too long ago in your head.

"Wait, I skipped classes yesterday?" Your eyes widened. "Why?"

"Hiya!"

You jumped and whipped around. There stood the cheerful skeleton from your dream. Or, now that you realize that it wasn't a dream, from yesterday. Hence why you skipped your classes. You blinked a few times, reassuring yourself that he indeed is real. Your jaw opened slightly but you sighed, "Good morning Blue. Sleep well?"

"Yeah! The bed was super comfy." He said, smiling. His eyes flicked to your batter. "What's that?"

"A crepe batter."

"What're crepes?"

"Hmm..." You glance up thoughtfully, "Pancakes, but much thinner and have more of an egg taste."