The Model Home

Sam's POV

After finding out that our mother has really abandoned us, we got in the car and Sandy drove us back to his house. I knew that his wife probably wouldn't be thrilled at our return. I don't think she likes us. I guess that can happen if suddenly two convicts from juvie stay at your home and then suddenly your son comes home drunk and with bruises; jumping to the conclusions that it's because of us didn't surprise.

But by the time we got back to the house his wife had left for work. I noticed one of the cars missing from the driveway; I knew it couldn't be Seth.

Seth then brought us to his room again to talk about his love for comic books. I took a short nap on his bed. It was only a few hours. It got interrupted by me having one of my night terrors so then I spent a good twenty minutes trying to explain them to Seth vaguely. I wasn't going to tell him the exact reasons to why I have them.

"But serious is it because..." Seth then listed like maybe twenty reasons as to why I could be having night terrors. I guess he wanted to guess. But I wasn't going to play.

"I'm going to get a water." I went downstairs and grabbed a water from the kitchen and then stopped at seeing Kirsten walk in.

"Oh, hi Sam." She said. Well that sounded really awkward.

"Hi." I walked back up the stairs. I gathered that Sandy had called and told her about the whole situation about our mother being in the wind. Either that, or she was trying to react calmly before she called him about the Atwood girl breaking into her house.

We didn't stay up in Seth's room for much longer. We went out back where Seth and Ryan decided to go in the pool. I went outside with them but I didn't get in the pool. I sat on the edge and put my feet in the water.

"Sam, if you want, I'm sure my mom wouldn't if you want to borrow some swimwear." Seth mentions.

"Yeah, I'm good." I replied. I was sure that the only kind of swimwear Kirsten had were bikinis or at least were some close to that. I also seriously doubted that she would want me borrowing that.

It also seemed that in less than twenty-four hours Seth has forgotten I'm terrified of water; that territory also includes swimming pools. The only thing I might consider would be getting into the hot tub portion.

"She hates the water." Ryan said.

"That includes pools."

"So that means you like never swim?" Seth asks and I nodded; pretty much. "Do you not know how to swim?"

"I do," I said. I learned how to swim, but I don't swim as I don't get in water. I stay clear of oceans, rivers, ponds, pools, and ect.

"Does this phobia of water include showers?" Seth asks. Then I pushed Seth off his floater chair, in which makes Ryan laugh.

"Maybe if you get in the pool, Seth will shut up." Ryan suggested, but I refused; it wasn't going to happen.

"Not going to happen." Seth and I said in unison; I guess it didn't matter, Seth was going to find something to talk about.

"Anyways, since this might be the last night you guys are here, we should do something special." Seth then says as he climbs back onto the floater chair.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Get a couple of tattoos?" He suggests. I wasn't really a fan of tattoos and I could tell by just looking at Seth, he just wanted to say some 'rebellious' and 'cool'.

"Any other ideas?" Ryan asks.

"We could go out and lose our virginity." He suggests.

"Too late." I interjected. Well, at least it was for Ryan and me.