Ch. 14 Suprise!

-Elena-

I felt like I was complete now that my son was with me. I felt someone watching me, I glanced around and remembered Alec. He looked at me with adoration. I smiled softly, picked Liam up, and walked over to Alec.

"Alec this is Liam, Liam this is Alec," I said, smiling down at my little boy.

Liam hid his face in my shoulder and peeked shyly at Alec.

"H-Hi," Liam said quietly.

"Hello Liam, I hope you've been having fun here," Alec said, smiling gently at him.

Liam nodded his head and gave him a small smile. Before I could say anything in response a big buff guy who -could probably pass as a mafia hitman-, came bursting in like something important was going on. He came over and whispered into Alec's ear. Alec's mood completely changed from friendly to deadly.

He looked at me apologetically and said, "I'm sorry Elena. It seems your mother has disappeared and killed two of my guards. "

-Gianna-

I was pacing back and forth in the room. I was wondering if Liam was okay, and how I was going to deal with Elena. Then I heard a knock on the door.

I looked up and answered,"Come in!"

What I didn't expect to see was Elena and with the Alpha. Huh, I guess the guard wasn't kidding about her being his mate. This is great! I can take care of two things with one stone, I said to myself with a smile. I watched her check out my room with a frown.

Before I could ask her what was wrong she spoke with a trace of panic in her voice, "Where's Liam? Why isn't he with you?"

I looked at her sadly, "They took him from me, at first I let them because I was trying to talk to this guy." I said as I narrowed my eyes at the Alpha. Elena's anger could even be felt from where I was.

"Why on Earth would you do that to us?" Elena screamed at him.

"He's fine, one of the women has been taking care of him. We can go get him after you're done talking to her," Alec said, trying to calm Elena down.

"Ok but why isn't he with my mom? I don't understand, he's probably scared!"

"I'll explain when we are done here. Just trust me on this."

Elena only frowned at him. But I was trying to calm myself from panicking without them noticing. Did he figure out what I did to her? Or is it about my past? I have to get out of here as soon as possible but how? At the very least I need to figure out what he knows. As I was contemplating what to do my phone buzzed on the table.

Ugh, it was Dalton again. Why the hell is he calling me? I thought I made it perfectly clear I was done with him since he wasn't going to help me.

"Is everything ok mom?" Elena asked, worried.

I quickly pulled myself together, "Oh I'm fine, but I have to take this call. It's the moving company," I lied easily.

"Oh okay, I'll talk to you later. Okay?"

I nodded my head and shooed Elena away with my hand. I picked up the phone as they closed the door behind them.

"What do you want?" I snarled into the phone.

"Well hello to you too, my daughter," I froze.

I hadn't spoken to him in over 20 years, yet he could still bring me to my knees in fear. Why is he using Dalton's phone? Where is Dalton? Where was my Father? Had Dalton told him my plans?

"W-What... Why... are you on Dalton's phone? Where is he?" I asked, trying to keep emotion out of my voice.

"Oh, he's busy right now. I asked him to do something for me, just a little favor is all. As far as why I'm using his phone. Well, not that it's any of your business, but it's because he asked me if he could become a Hunter. I of course said yes, anything for our cause," he said with a chuckle.

He waited, listening for any reaction I might have. Then continued," When I mentioned you and how I knew you, well let's just say that didn't go too well with him. He told me he wanted an explanation and I agreed with him," he responded, calm but deadly.

I heard a knock on the door and was able to cut our call short, for which I was grateful.

"I have to go, someone's at the door," I quickly blurred out.

"Ah it's there earlier than I thought it was going to be. He's going to fit right in. I hope you will enjoy my gift. I will be talking to you later," he said with a cold laugh, and hung up.

I stood there in panic and confusion for a moment then started towards the door. I was about to open it when I saw the blood seeping in from underneath. I held back a scream and slung the door open, it slammed against the wall. Someone had slashed open the throats of both of my guards, their heads were almost cut completely off. Sitting on the floor next to the bodies was Dalton. He looked half crazed, a smile on his face, and covered from head to toe in blood.

"Hello Gianna. Your dad and I have questions for you, so he asked me to get you out of here. So here I am to free you from your captors, knight in shining armor and all that," he said with a sneer in his voice.

"Shit."