Chapter 28: I'm scared

Taehyung mumbled in his sleep, swallowing hard while squirming around, trying to escape from something.

“Oi, fat boy, do you really think you can escape from us?” Adan laughed like a psychopath while looking for Taehyung, who was hiding from them.

Taehyung doesn't know where he is, everything surrounding him is darkness. He just kept running and hiding from them, scared to get beat up again.

“Faggot fat guy, do you want to play hide and seek?” This time, it's Antonio who chuckles.

“That would be fun, boys, make sure to catch him and teach him a lesson.” Myunghee's voice echoed multiple times as if it was trying to annoy Taehyung.

“Hide as long as you can, ugly fat nerd, because once we catch you, you won't be able to see the sunrise.” Alexis snickered.

Taehyung felt his legs getting tired, but he didn't want to stop. He wants to be safe and seek help. With tears falling from his eyes, he saw the door from afar. His hope rose to see the door.

Without any hesitation, he ran faster than before to reach the door.

“He's there!”

He flinched when he heard Adan's voice. He turned his head and his eyes widened, seeing Adan smirking at him. Nervous, Taehyung kept his fast pace and held the door knob. He got anxious because he couldn't open the door.

“Fat nerd, you're done!” Adan laughed like a madman.

Taehyung used all his strength to open the door, which he successfully did, and immediately went inside. He closed and locked the door.

Looking around, he realized that he was trapped because he was in the restroom where they beat him up back then. Taehyung cried for help, but no one was there to save him.

He hides in the cubicle, closing it, thinking he'll be safe. Sitting on the toilet, he hugged his knees while biting his nails nervously.

“Jungkook, please, save me” Taehyung sobbed, covering his ears from noises.

He didn't know why he was calling Jungkook, but he felt like doing it. Besides, Jungkook said that he was not going to leave him. So, where is he?

“I need you, please, Jungkook” Taehyung cried.

He swallowed hard when he heard the door slam open. He slowly looked in front of him to see who it was.

“Got you, nerd.” Adan grinned.

Taehyung's eyes widened when Adan's head suddenly blew up and blood squirted around. He saw something like a burn on Adan's forehead. When Adan fell to the ground, he couldn't believe who it was.

“I'm sorry, I'm late.” The person told him with emotionless eyes.

Taehyung saw his bloody knuckles, but he noticed the bodies behind that person, laying unconsciously with blood surrounding them. There were 5 bodies, but Myunghee was odd because she was naked and not bloody compared to the others.

“Jungkook” He muttered in disbelief.

He jolted up from the couch where he was sleeping, halting his nightmare. He's panting heavily, while cold sweat forms on his forehead.

He almost flinches when he heard the door open. He looked at it and saw Jungkook carrying food. Furthermore, he just realized that he's in Hoseok's office.

“You're awake, are you okay? Do you need something?” Jungkook asked him while setting the takeout food on Hoseok's desk.

Taehyung teared up when he remembered his nightmare.

“What's wrong? Why are you crying?”  Jungkook asked, kneeling in front of him.

“I told you, I told you that they were going after me” Taehyung cried.

“They can't do that, they won't hurt you anymore, Taehyung.” Jungkook replied.

“No! They won't stop until they kill me! They appeared in my dreams!” Taehyung retorted, anxiously.

“Taehyung, look at me, listen to me…"

But it seems Taehyung wasn't interested in listening to him at all. Taehyung kept mumbling under his breath and covering his ears.

“Baby, please, look at me, love, just listen to me.” Jungkook grabbed both of Taehyung's hands to get his attention.

Taehyung looked at him with teary eyes while sniffling.

“It's just a dream, Taehyung, they can't kill you because they are in jail. They are paying for what they did. You don't need to be scared of them, they are away from you.” Jungkook stated.

“T-they won't hurt me, right?” Taehyung stuttered, sniffing.

“They won't, trust me.” Jungkook assured him.

Taehyung approached Jungkook and hugged him tightly.

“I'm sorry, I'm just scared” Taehyung sobbed on Jungkook's shoulder.

“I understand, love, you don't need to be sorry.” Jungkook comforted him, caressing his back.

Taehyung snuggled his face in the crook of Jungkook's neck, finding the comfort he felt earlier.

“Would you like to eat some food?” Jungkook asked to change the atmosphere between them.

“Not really hungry?” Taehyung muttered into Jungkook's neck.

“How about water?” Jungkook inquired.

“Yes, please.” Taehyung nuzzled his face, smelling Jungkook's comforting scent.

“Okay, I'll get it for you, then.” Jungkook stood up and carried Taehyung, putting him back on the couch.

He opened the takeout and took the water.

“Here” Jungkook gave him the water after opening the lid.

“Thank you” Taehyung drinks it.

They both heard the door open and saw Hoseok and Jimin go inside the office after the meeting they attended earlier.

“Taehyung, are you alright? I'm sorry about what happened, the elevator got some technical problems but since the technician needed the sign, he went to get it in the lobby, but it appears that you two got inside the elevator, not knowing about the problem.” Hoseok stated, going beside Taehyung.

“It's okay, Hyung, I'm fine now.” Taehyung gave him a thin smile.

“I'm glad that you were with Jungkook, I'm worried about what might happen to you if you're alone there.” Hoseok sighed.

“But what are you two doing together in the same elevator?” Jimin suddenly asked curiously.

“Coincidence. I got contacted by Hoseok Hyung, he said that he's going to speak with me about some important matters.” Jungkook explained.

“M-me too, what is it about, Hyung?” Taehyung inquired, stealing glances at Jungkook.

He is somewhat embarrassed, realizing that he is being a baby to Jungkook. He shouldn't do that at all, but his body automatically did.

“About that, we should talk the next day. Today is exhausting for you, Taehyung. I hope that's okay for you, Jungkook?” Hoseok uttered.

“It's okay” Jungkook responded.

“Thank you for today, Jungkook, I'm sorry for bothering you.” Hoseok told him.

“It's alright, I'll go leave now, I have to fix something.” Jungkook excused himself.

He looked at Taehyung, who didn't even bother to look at him. With a sigh, he left the office, followed by Jimin.