Chapter 1 - Scene 1

Oliver Jones and Officer Todd stand, startled, at the scene of the crime. Their heads hanging low, and their hands hiding within their suit pants' pockets. “Well... I never expected this to happen.” Oliver Jones admitted, his soft blue eyes set on the muddy ground before him. “I thought we would be safe once she was gone. I guess – I guess, I was wrong.” He pauses, his eyes filling up. “I suppose there's one advantage for this,” he pauses, wiping away the escaping tears. Officer Todd glimpses at Oliver Jones, encouraging him to carry on. “That advantage is that he died in the arms of his lover.” He chokes up, realising that his idea of brightening up the mood was obviously failing.

Officer Todd nods, he tries to grab hold of any silence that he could. He exhales, lightly, as he turns to face his boss. “He didn't literally die in her arms... she was the one who murdered him.” He finally speaks out, dryly. Oliver raises his shoulders before letting them drop back down to their natural state, effortlessly.

“It all started in that darn court room,” Oliver growls, remembering back to that day. “I remember that day like it was yesterday.” He admits, lowering his head again. “We were all there. We were all alive, happy and well-” Oliver breaks off, tears streaming down his cheeks. “And, now-” Oliver's throat clogs up, he tries to clear his throat but the ball in his throat won't move at all. “And, now, we've got hardly anyone working in the jail.” Oliver manages to finish his sentence, raising his head. He glances up at the blue cloudless sky above.

One Week Earlier

It was the day that had changed many lives in Beaumaris, which is located in Anglesey. It was the day of Elisa Adams's first and last court session within Beaumaris Court. All the citizens of Beaumaris strolled down the street towards The White Lion Pub, a pub which was constructed Forty-Eight years earlier. All the citizens had heard about the trial. Some of the people gathered there that day were baffled when the news had made its way to them. They all had laughed and joked with the offender within the first court case. She was a beautiful young lady that was oftern described as beautiful as a rosebud. She was the most friendliest girl in Beaumaris.

“I can't believe Elisa Adams would do such a thing, are they sure it wasn't her evil twin sister?” A fragile old woman whispered to a tall male figure. Everyone knew the tall male figure as the most infamous Warden at Beaumaris Jail. They all stepped in front of a small white cottage looking building known as Beaumaris Court. Most people were freaked out at the thought of entering Beaumaris Court because it was constructed two hundred years earlier.

The court had two floors, an entrance, a long hallway to the left and rooms for the suspects to wait in until they are taken into the actual courtroom. Within the courtroom was several metal benches and one wooden bench, which were located behind a mental fence. The metal fence splits the large rectangular room into two. On the right of the courtroom is a mayor and bailiffs' borough, and, in front of the Judge's seat is the witness box. Behind the Judge's chair is a wall, which has two doors either side of it. One of the doors lead into the grand Judge room. To the right of the Judge's seat are wooden stairs, which lead up to the jury box and the jury room, which is located to the right of the Jury room.

The gate of the courthouse opened slowly. Everyone attending the court session hurdled into the small entrance of the courthouse. Warden Watkins, a tall and muscular fella, pushed his way in front of the crowd. He carefully brushed his brown moustache with his thumb and index finger. He opened the door to the court room. Oliver Jones, the Governor of Beaumaris Jail, stumbles into the courtroom. Everybody else hastily barges into the court room.