Chapter 11

"Maddie, what are you doing here?" Buck asks as he starts to climb out the bed.

"Well, I got a message from Bobby to come check on you, but then I got here and Eddie was here he has gone now. He needed go get Christopher, he said you had a nightmare again last night." she says looking at him.

"Yeah, it was a weird night. I need a coffee." Buck says with a smile.

He walks past his sister and heads down the stairs, he can hear Maddie closely following him down as he reaches the kitchen, he sees Eddie has gone but there is a note sat on the side explaining he had go get Christopher and he will see him later. He walks over to the kettle, picks it up and fills it and puts it on.

"So, how come Eddie was here? I thought he was back tomorrow?" Maddie asks.

"Oh, that's a long story" Buck says as he gets two cups out.

"That can wait. Explain the date what happened that you had call Bobby to calm you down." Maddie says looking at Buck.

Buck should have known Bobby would tell his sister on him, he smiled and shook his head as he filled the cups with coffee and water, he looked up at Maddie who was stood with her arms crossed and tapping her fingers on her arm.

"Okay, I still can't believe it happened to be honest, but my date-" Buck starts but stops as he rubs his hand on his neck in discomfort and nervousness.

"Yes, it happened, you had a date so what made you panic what did he do, he didn't hurt you did he?" She asks

"No, nothing like that." Buck sighs "My date left just as you got here." He says with a grin.

He watches as he can see Maddie working it out in her head and then he starts to grin more when he sees the smile appear on her face.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO?" is all that came out "It was Eddie?" she asks in shock.

"Yeah, he didn't say he was back as he had this date but turns out it was with me, he turned up with some people from Austin who had figured out we had been talking all along and made sure we met." Buck said with a chuckle.

"But isn't he with Ana, how did you know you weren't talking to each other?" Maddie quizzes.

"Well first Ana is a friend she has a girlfriend, which explains the other week when I tried meet him the first time but I saw Eddie and Ana there and bottled it up and made an excuse and didn't turn up but obviously, I didn't know it was Eddie. Luckily, I managed get a second date and he was there. It was super weird; I didn't know it was him as he was using an old phone and the same for me." Buck explains as he passes her the cup.

"Really? Oh my god, guessing it went well if he stayed the night?" She asks

"Not really, we left the bar went to the beach as I thought it be something he would enjoy more I know he hates loads of people, but I had an panic attack and he brought me home, he said he wasn't going leave me and he slept on the sofa. except when I woke up, it must have been early hours after having more nightmares and he was in my bed. I drifted off and woke up to you." Buck explained.

"I mean as first dates go it could have gone worse, but I still can't believe you two who have been talking to each other never noticed it's crazy." Maddie laughs.

"No, it's not crazy. It's Eddie and I not talking properly like you and everyone else has been saying all along." Buck laughs as he heads over to the sofa, he moves the duvet and sits, and Maddie follows.

"So, what happens now?" She asks.

"I don't know, I'm going round his place later as we arranged to have pizza, so Christopher is expecting me and I can't avoid him now, I kind of said we could make it a date once Christopher had gone bed and gives us time to talk, I just don't know... what if after seeing me break down from the memories he doesn't want to know me?" Buck says