Eyes of a stranger

It's been three agonising months since the brothers tried to lift the curse. To their misfortune things went horribly wrong as the curse's core had some sort of barrier which cannot be broken, not even by the Curse Crusher. Barley says it is some sort of dark spell that helps empower curses, another piece of the forbidden side of magic. As the brothers, completely unaware of what had awaited them, tried to lift the curse in doing so it simply woke it up enough to take an effect on the oldest of the two. Poor Barley himself had been transformed into a gargoyle! And with the barrier still protecting the curse's precious core, he shall remain one forever until broken.

Ian had started studying about ancient spells of light, ones that could potentially destroy the barrier so he can get to the core and stab it with the legendary sword. But it was easier said than done, most of these types of spells are hard to study up on as these particular ones were once used only by certain types of mages with a special kind of blood line. Although even if Ian doesn't have light blood, it is still possible for him to cast some light spells if he has an assist element with him whilst pure blood light mages can cast those certain types of spells with pure ease. There are many types of mages, each one has their own element and type they specialise in.

As Barley would wait for his brother in the ruins, each passing day he grew more and more lonely since he is unable to leave. His younger brother visits him every single day and provides him with food and water along with any other needs but it was still quite lonely. Having to sleep all alone, eat alone and only having an hours worth of contact with a living person. Ian was busy studying and not just that, but practicing and even looking for another Phoenix Gem to use. It was all incredibly hard work and Barley understands perfectly why he couldn't stay for long. Between having to study in school and finding a way to save his brother the poor elf hardly gets any sleep at all anymore.

It was another day, another long and boring day for the cursed boy. Barley let out a groan as he laid against one of the old columns, every second feels slower than the last and he can feel his sanity slip from his hands. The sounds of the birds tweeting, the rustling of the bushes made his senses overload... he was slowly becoming a wild animal bit by bit. He began to wonder how birds would taste if he ate one raw, he had to fight urges not to pounce on any innocent prey and he had to talk to himself just to remind himself who he is deep down.

A low grumble could be heard from the beast's belly, he muttered as he placed a large clawed hand over it to try and ease the pain of hunger. "Geez...did my appetite increase after I turned to stone?" He asked himself with a huff. "Oh dear brother please hurry before I devour one of those poor little birds!"

Suddenly, Barley heard something in the distance, a voice but it wasn't Ian's. It sounded like...a girl.

He quickly went to investigate, the curiosity kills him! He made sure to keep himself hidden in the bushes though to try not to scare his unexpected guest. Slowly, his bright yellow eyes stare at what appears to be a rather adorable little imp. Her purple hair was wild and fluffy, it looked so soft to touch. Her skin was pale pink, it looked so delicate and smooth. Her eyes were bright and blue as the sky, they seemed to be sparkling as she looked around and last but not least, she had freckles across her body that complimented her nicely.

The gargoyle instantly felt his face burn up at the sight of her, he wasn't sure if it was simply because he hadn't seen someone aside from his brother for so long or if it was something else. Maybe it was just the fact he was so lonely that he was drawn to her but he couldn't help but stare at this beautiful thing.

Izzy the imp continued to scan the area, still unaware that she was being watched. "Whoa..." she breathed. "This place is...beautiful..."

The imp kept on looking around, she gently places her hand on one of the fallen towers, she seemed so sweet...so gentle. Barley could feel his heart pounding, how could anyone seem so innocent he thought.