chapter 16

Subaru pov

Chapter 16

"What is it you want?" I snapped. Since momiji didn't seem happy or excited to see me I didn't step in front to shield him, like I wanted to.

I just didn't want to overcrowd him. He must've forgotten our promise. Which hurt me inside. It cut me deep. Deeper then any blade would ever reach and I fear there was no pulling it out.

Unless he did it himself. But as of right now it didn't seem like it.

"We wanted to show you something." Ruki said smiling a sinister smile. It made me frown. What could they have they we wanted.

"Our dear brother is still alive. You know the one you tried to kill?" He said staring me down. I didn't falter however. Much to his dismay.

"Well good for you. It'll teach you to stay off our property." I said with a calm voice keeping it dangerously low.

"Yeah keep your hands off pancake. And we won't have any problems." Ayato snapped frowning pulling Yui behind him.

"And any other human we want." Reiji commenting pushing up his glasses in a threatening manner.

"Fine. Let's call a truce shall we?" Azusa the sadist that we attempted to kill suggested. It completely caught me off guard.

Blinking away my shock I asked him to repeat that sentence once more making him chuckle.

"Let's call a truce." He said with a soothing tone. He smiled at me. No not a sadistic smile or one of mischief. It was a genuine one. He truly wanted a truce.

"Why?" I asked crossing my arms staring at him suspiciously. We all stayed silent as he walked up to me slowly.

"Because I can help you get want you want." He whispered lowly in my ear. The humans around us couldn't hear but every vampire heard it. And by now I knew that my brothers and apparently now the Mukami's knew of my love for momiji.

"What's in it for you?" I asked him in return. I didn't want to turn him down but I also didn't want to accept it without knowing his intentions. There was always a catch. You can't get what you want unless you give something in return.

"You." My breathing had stopped once I heard that whispered in my ear. My eyes went visibly wide.

His statement could've meant a lot of things but any of them I didnt want. And it puzzled me. Why me? What about me does he want that I can give without hurting or the one I love?

My brothers didn't like it because I heard them growl in the background.

"Not a chance." Ayato snapped walking up to me pulling me behind him. I frowned at Azusa.

What could he want? Friendship?  Love? Sex? Clothes? Money? Status? Any of them I couldn't give.  I hated him. He tried to take the sohmas and Yui from us.

The Mukami's absolutely despised us. So what was there end game? Were they trying to blackmail us?

Well either way it wasn't going to fly by. Not with my brothers and definitely not with me.

"What's your endgame here?" I challenged from behind my brothers. The triplets were surrounding me. Shielding me. I was their youngest brother. The softest one apparently but also the most violent.

"Nothing. Just Friendship." He answered. He could've been telling the truth. He could’ve not been. He was an excellent liar.

"Trying to blackmail Subaru are you?" Shuu stepped up in front of us. As always he saw right through everyone. And when it comes to his brothers he speaks up. Even if he acts like he doesn't care. He definitely does.