chapter 18

Subaru

Chapter 18

"What do you want?" I asked as I heard someone approach behind me. I frowned when I felt a gun held against my head.

"Isn't it obvious?" The mystery guy said seriously. He lowered his gun for a split a second. But that was all the time I needed to handle the situation.

Taking my chance I whipped around to see he was a vampire hunter. This was part of the reason we had moved and into a forest at that. I snapped his neck swiftly bwfore he had the chance to raise his gun and shoot me.

Was there someone among the Sohmas that tattled on us? Because hunters know better then to mess with us. They know we don't go waltzing anywhere to hurt people unless they were sent to us.

All except the sohmas. I frowned angry thinking that someone might've betrayed us.

"It's time to visit a few people." I whispered to myself. I told my brothers of what had happened and they agreed whole heartedly.

If Shigure had betrayed us we were going to make sure he regrets it.

We ended up outside of Shigure's. It was close to 2 in the morning. So everything was quiet. All that could be heard was the soft snores of a few people. Peaking through the windows I saw the one thing I didn't want go see.

Momiji. He and Haru were sharing a room and Haru's girlfriend was staying in Tohru's old room.Yuki was sleeping in his old room.

Why is everyone over?

I frowned towards my brothers. I gestured for us to head towards the roof. We needed to talk.

"What is it?" Reiji asked frowning. We had sat down getting comfortable. I had a feeling we'd be here a while.

"Momiji and Haru are staying over." I explained quietly not wanting to wake the sleeping mortals.

Little to my knowledge they had awoken due to our heavy footsteps. We were too engrossed in our conversation to realize that  Haru and Momiji were awake and listening.

"So what do we care?" Reiji asked crossing his arms. Reiji wasn't whispering, however he wasn't talking too loudly either.

"They betrayed us again. So it doesn't matter if they're here or not." Kanato said seriously looking down to teddy.

"You can't be sure." I argued softly frowning towards my brothers. I didn't want them to hurt momiji. I couldn't live with myself if he got hurt and I didn't stop it.

"They were the only ones who knew about us." Shuu said listening to his music eyes closed laying down on the rooftop.

"Yeah they're going to die so it doesn't matter." Ayato said staring at me frowning holding Yui close.

"You should hear there side." Yui stated. I never liked Yui but as of this moment I was grateful to her. She was useful for once.

Ayato frowned thinking over her words carefully. Shuu stayed quiet, seeming to ponder her words as well. Reiji just frowned dismissing it.

"Who else would've told on us?" Kanato asked curious. He was angry and wanted to torture them. I could tell by the look in his eyes. I didn't care about anyone else but I wasn't going to let him touch momiji.

"Akito." I said thinking it over. She hated us. She hated me. She was the only person I knew of that would have done something like this.

"You just don't want momiji to get hurt." Laito teased grinning from ear to ear. I glared and turned my head away. I didn't respond which made him laugh outloud. Proving his point.