Chapter 1: Test

Hey guys. I'm sorry for uh changing the chapters a lot. Though don't worry. I'm only adding small details so the chapter either makes more sense or so it just looks better.
—————————————————

It's been 5 years.
5 years since he met them
5 years since he learned strength
5 years since he learned courage
And 5 years since he was both protected and betrayed.

—————————————————

"you're becoming sloppy" a man  Said monotonously while blocking the incoming strike of a blade with his own weapon "Yea, well I'm exhausted! We've been at it for at least 7 hours old man!". "It was you who decided how long and how hard we should train, you brought this on yourself Naruto" the man said ducking a slash before grabbing Narutos arm, violently pulling him foward and striking his chin with the hilt of his sword ending the duel. Naruto was sent back few feet before landing on the water that was his mind scape. "Ha! He beat your sorry ass again! You know, you want to become strong but you can't even keep up with him. Let me lend you a bit of my power." A woman with a red kimono and fox ears said behind giant bars. Though she was quickly shut up by a peice of tape slapping her mouth shut. She was then immediately flew backwards by a strong gust of wind created by the swing of the mans sword.

"I'll become strong ya stupid fox just you wait" Naruto groaned standing up at a height of 5'2. How he grew to this height you ask? Well, After his zanpakuto saw how amazingly good Naruto was at not taking care of him self other than hygiene, he disciplined him the best way he could!

By continuously beating him to the ground until Naruto finally agreed to try and take care of his body and mind. At first, Naruto whined about not having his sweet, beloved ramens and almost threw the food into the trash because it was "disgusting". But after all while, he started to like other foods and ate just as much as he ate ramen. And boy was he grateful he chose to eat healthy. It was beneficial to his body since he lasted longer in stamina and physical endurance. If his a weak old self was fighting his zanpakuto, That naruto might as well have been sentenced to death.

"Stupid fox saying I'm weak" he muttered to himself. "Do not let her words get to you naruto. You are strong. You were able to see and predict my movements even though my speed far exceeds that of your kage. of course that's not the only thing I excel in so that's why you most likely lost. Eat it scrub." Naruto just sighed and stretched his back and body.

"Oh yea! Can I try to hear your name again?" Naruto asked out of the blue. You Would think that after 5 years he would be able to hear his name and get shikai right?.

"——————".

Wrong.

"Dang it!" Naruto yelled frustrated throwing him self backwards towards the unsinkable water below him. "When am i going to be ready?!"

"When the time comes Naruto. You will unlock your power and attain shikai. But for now" he brought 4 scrolls and placed them gently down. "lets practice your wind and fire elements. Make 100 shadow clones" he said. naruto grunted in response and rose back up and made the hand sign for shadow clones, He was ready to experience his free trial of hell that he was going to endure.

Again

Next day

"Uuagh" was heard as naruto groaned from the soreness of his body from all the training of yesterday. How does the pain in the mindscape transfer to his physical body? He thought about for a while. Of course him being him, he overthought it and it turned into an existencial crisis somehow, so before he got to deep into it he brushed it off and began to start the day. He carefully got up looking out his window to see the beautiful bright golden sun shining down in his room. He smiled and slowly got of his creaking bed and painfully walked towards his kitchen. There, he chose just eat cereal seeing as he was too lazy to cook anything.