{One}

Above is Alessio's wolf.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Why do you insist on racing me? Alessio laughed through the pack link at his beta. Not to brag, but I'll win.

First of all, you're the fastest in the pack and I need a challenge, Rehan says. Secondly, I'm pretty sure that's bragging.

Alessio smirks knowingly. You just admitted I was the fastest, Rehan. I'm just being honest.

Alessio's ebony fur glints under the sunlight's warm, golden rays. A smirk directed at Rehan painted his lips. His golden eyes flickered with mischief, as he gazed at Rehan triumphantly.

Defeated, Rehan lowered his head, causing his soft, silver fur to gleam and ebony shadows cast onto his stunning coat from bathing in the sunshine. I lost, he mumbles quietly.

You don't have to submit to me, Rehan. You're my best friend. He chuckles humorously. Alessio knew Rehan ever since they were pups and rather than his inferior, he perceived him as his best friend.

Thank you, he replies with a small smile. But you're still my Alpha. In submission to the black wolf, Rehan rolls over and keeps his golden eyes trained to the dirt beneath his paws.

A small pang of hurt pierced his chest at the fact that his birthright placed him above Rehan. Rehan tilted his head in confusion at the pained look seeped into his Alpha's features. Did I do something wrong, Alpha?

Laughing through their pack link, Alessio bolted in the direction of the packhouse, and Rehan trailed behind him. As soon as he reached the front gates of the packhouse, he shifted and threw on his clothes dangling from a tree branch. Like a lost puppy, Rehan followed Alessio, his dirt brown hair perched messily on his head and his cerulean blue eyes shimmering under the sunlight.

"Alpha Alessio," Octavius greeted politely, his hands clasped behind his back and a tight-lipped smile atop his pale lips.

Dark locks fell onto his porcelain skin, showcasing his haunting, grey eyes. Octavius was Alessio's Gamma and was considered the smartest in the pack.

Alessio nodded at him and slipped on his serious face. "Octavius." With his arms folded across his chest, he stood before the wolf, honey-colored locks dipping into his chocolate eyes.

The Alpha never ceased to command unwavering respect, even if he wasn't meaning to. Being the son of Alphas, the power flooded through his veins and forced even his best friend to bow to him, as if he was a god.

Wrapped in darkness' embrace, he imagines what his life would be like if he wasn't an Alpha. If his father didn't claim half of Birchwood Forest as his own.

But in reality, he knew that was wishful thinking. Blissful ignorance, even.

Alessio spun on his heel, and climbed the marble staircase leading up to his bedroom bathing in sky blue. A silver chandelier dangled from the wooden rafters of his celling, decorated with fluorescent lights. A large bed leaned against the wall, covered with a navy blue duvet, and littered with pillows. Alessio sat at the edge of his bed and stared at the unblemished, wood floor beneath his feet.

He stared out his window, his hands grasping his sheer, blue curtains. Two pups wrestle on the grassy, forest floor, giddy smile on their faces and loud laughter echoing around them.

A somber smile kisses his lips at the childhood memories that flooded his mind. Every time he'd try to hang out with Rehan, his father growled lowly at him and demanded he'd come back inside. Because of his father, Alessio was forced to train at a young age and his childhood was shortlived. Instead of wrestling with Rehan, he learned how to bare his teeth and take a pack by surprise.

As soon as he turned thirteen, he learned how to shift and as a result, various attack moves were hurled at the young pup. Now, he was able to ferociously pounce on another wolf, even his own pack members, easily.

With tears pricking in his irises of melted chocolate, he steps away from the bay window and instead of salty tears, hot droplets of water stream down his face and trickle down the drain. Although his father warned him not to shed tears, Alessio refused to halt the shards of glass from pelting onto his cheeks.

In his head, his wolf released a pained howl at the tattered photo behind the frame. Alessio...., the wolf breathed out, his head seemingly cocked, and his ears dangling.

Even though the Alpha wasn't able to see him, the fracture in his voice pierced through his skin.

"Leave me alone," he choked out. "I-I don't want you to see me as weak."

Alessio, he clipped. You're not weak. You're human. You can't expect to be unblemished all the time. Even though you're an Alpha, you still have emotions. Don't let your dad tell you differently.

Alessio fell silent. His fingers scrubbed his honey colored locks, as the tears shimmered faintly on his sunkissed skin. He knew his wolf was right, but his dad's words echoed in his head.

"You're not an Alpha," he spits down at his son cowering in fear. "You are too fucking weak."

At the memory, his wolf snarls threateningly, resisting the urge to sink his claws into the former Alpha. Even as a pup, Alessio was expected to hold his head high, and blink away the tears, even as his best friend's shirt was painted with crimson.

Rehan was bleeding, his wolf reminds him. What did he expect you to do?! You were ten.

In the mirror, Alessio stares, his arm desperately wiping away the evidence of his pain. A brokenhearted smile fell onto his face, scarring his lips stained in pastel pink, like an unfaded tattoo.

Hey guys! How do you feel about this chapter? Oh, my gosh, I'm SO excited for this story. I've never written a paranomal story before.