⠀ ⠀iv.

₊

₊.ෆ*˚* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ⁎ෆ*˚‧₊

JUNE 23, 1962
10:27 am.

frankie shot up from her spot on her small couch from the knock on her door. her mother looked at her with curious eyes. frankie shrugged looking back at her gaze.

"i'll get it." she told her mother.

frankie walked over, looking through the peep hole of her door. she saw a dark haired boy. she quickly realized who it was. benny. she smiled before opening the door.

"hey, goldilocks, erm i was wondering if you wanted to come to the sandlot." benny said. "only if you want to of course."

"yeah, yeah, i'd love to, benny." she replied.

there was silence for a second. benny stuffed his hands in his pockets as he sighed. his eyes looking around, trying not to be as awkward as possible.

"oh, great, great, erm, i'll walk you there."

"sounds great, let me ask my mom. i'll be right back don't leave." she said followed with a laugh.

benny smiled.

"mom, can i go to the sandlot with my friend?"

"sure, what's their name?" her mother asked.

"benny." she replied.

"—a boy?"

"it's not like that. we only met yesterday."

"he's cute?"

"yeah erm, but can i go?"

her mother sat up, walking past her daughter to their front door. there stood benny. his eyes grow big as he saw the girls mother. he felt his heart pump and his legs turn to jello. frankie quickly trailed behind her mother. her gaze meeting benny's.

"erm, mom this is benny, benny this is my mom."

"hi, ms. moretti, it's a pleasure to meet you." benny said with a smile.

"hello, benny, it's nice to meet you as well. would you like anything? water?" her mother questioned.

"oh- no, no ma'am i'm just fine. thank you."

"alright, well you two get going. no funny business you hear me?" she said pointing the two of them.

"mom!" frankie said, giving her a glare.