The Dragon Mentor

Saji was sitting in a chair in a train.

'Sigh, I hope Kaichou doesn't kill me for this' he thought.

(Why the long face my other half? You are getting stronger for her sake after all) Vritra asks him curiously.

The dragon had been awaken by Saji after the death of his parents.

He had been there for him in his worst moments.

'Well, I mean, I'm doing this for them but....when I told Koneko...'

Earlier

"Koneko let me go!" He yells trying to pry her off.

"No! I won't let Senpai leave! I'll tell Sona-kaichou if I have to!" She yells back, her composure broken.

"Wait no!"

Now

(Oh) Vritra realized.

'Yeah, it took me a while and a LOT of headpat promises to get her to let go not to mention stop her from telling Kaichou' he says.

(You are one lucky kid you know that?) Vritra says to the dense boy's confusion.

'What?' He asks.

(Nevermind that. Oh, the Leviathan's here) the dragon notices after they got off.

"Gen-tan! Come on! I need to introduce you to Tannin-chan!" She says excitedly.

(Wait, did she just say Tannin?) Vritra asks getting Saji's attention.

"Tannin? The meteor dragon king?!" He asks in shock as she grabs him, taking him to the mountains just as a dragon shows up.

"He's a huge dragon" he says in surprise.

"So this is the brat you want me to train Serafall? He doesn't look much" Tannin says looking him over.

"Well excuse me for looking skinny, Tannin-ossan" He retorts back.

(Yo, it's been a while Tannin!) Vritra greets.

"Vritra?! So you've been awaken. So this brat is your host" Tannin says getting over his surprise.

(Yes, and if I were you, I wouldn't underestimate my other half) Vritra warns.

"Mou! Don't talk as if I'm not here!" Serafall says pulling on Saji's face.

"Ow, sorry!" He says.

"Anyways, Tannin-chan, make sure you make him really strong okay!" She says cheerfully and he nods.

"Since he has awakened Vritra who had not been awakened ever since he was turned into a sacred gear , it means he must have potential. Brat! From now on, you will call me sensei and will be given training by me! I expect good results from you!" Tannin commands and Saji nods.

"Hai, Sensei!" He answers back.

"Alright, try not to die Gen-tan!☆" Serafall says smiling.

(She's right other half, Tannin's training is one of the hardest to do especially for you) Vritra warns him and he nods.

"Now to start your training, run and start dodging my flames!" Tannin roars firing fireballs at him.

He pales and started running.

"Ah! Run!!!" He yells running from him.

"Your too slow, keep mind of your surroundings!" Tannin roars firing more.

Saji jumps and was dodged a fireball by a hair but the explosion sent him flying.

He quickly stood up and kept running.

'I gotta get stronger!'

"Bring it!" He roars running.

End