Chapter 2: Am I Not Helpful?

"Arghbbll..." Natsu mumbled, his face turning purple.

Lucy sighed, shaking her head. "I swear. Natsu and transportation.."

Gray was staring out the window and was sitting next to Erza. Natsu was spread out on the seat beside Lucy. She rubbed his back, trying to make him feel better.

"Maybe it would have been a good idea to bring Wendy with us." Lucy asked, a sweat drop appearing on her head.

"Maybe, but Wendy and Carla went with Levy and her team on a mission to help with her experience." Erza replied.

They all sighed, and Natsu gurgled again.

"Erza?" Lucy asked. "How long will the ride be to the city the museum is located in?"

"About an hour," Erza huffed. "Might aswell save our strength until then." She rested her temple against her fist, closing her eyes.

Lucy looked out the window, watching the wilderness fly by. "Oh that's right!" She suddenly exclaimed, reaching into her bag.

"What are you scrabbling around for?" Gray asked.

Still looking through her bag, she smiled. "I remember looking through the library one day, and seeing a book on how to make medicine on curing motion sickness."

"Yeah, and?" Erza questioned, opening on eye to look at her.

"Inside was ingredients to create a pill that would cure motion sickness for a certain amount of time. I took the book home, thinking it would be a good idea to make these for Natsu." She rummaged through her bag some more. She pulled out a medium-sized vial, full of small purple berry-looking pills. "I can't believe I forgot about them!" Lucy exclaimed, popping open the top to set one in her palm. "Here Natsu, eat this. It'll make your motion sickness go away."

Happy, Gray, and Erza all stared intently as Lucy gave Natsu the pill. "Are you sure it'll work?" Gray murmered, watching Natsu.

Lucy nodded, putting away the vial. "It should. I followed everything exactly as the book was written."

They all watched Natsu as he popped the purple medicine into his mouth. A few seconds later, Natsu widened his eyes in surprise, completely fine.

Erza, Happy, and Gray gasped. "It worked!" Happy exclaimed.

"Alright!" Lucy exclaimed, patting herself on the back.

"Hey those things really work! Thanks Lucy!" Natsu replied, sitting up and leaning against the seat comfortably.  Lucy smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

"So Lucy, how long are those supposed to last?" Gray asked, still looking at Natsu in awe.

Lucy raised a finger to explain. "The main ingredient was Appe berries. The powder is what sets the medicine in place. The more you use, the longer the cure will last. I added three to each pill, so it should last close to an hour."

"That was a good idea." Natsu replied, smiling. "I didn't know there was medicine for curing motion sickness!" Natsu put his hands behind his head, smiling. "I feel a lot better."

Lucy smiled happily. "I'm glad I could help."

"Who knew? Lucy is actually being helpful." Happy replied, sitting between Erza and Gray.

Lucy frowned. "Geez, thanks for the compliment Happy." She said sarcastically. Lucy looked out the window, frowning. Happy might be right, though. I'm not very helpful in fights or really anywhere else. Lucy narrowed her eyes sadly. I need to be able to help out the team more!