Opal

"Oi, Kacey!" The young girl jolted at her name being called. It was a voice she knew, barely. But she knew.

That damn Hufflepuff

"Cedric, nice to see you again." His smile was annoying her. Not for any reason. Just annoying.

"Where are you of too now?"

"Outside to the flying instructor, Hooch."

"Do you play quidditch?"

"No, I don't enjoy flying around on a broom stick."

"Then you should at least come to the matches."

"And why should I? It sounds rather boring."

"Not when I play."

Quidditch. It was something she didn't know much about, which was surprising but not at the same time. Her father rarely allowed her to leave the house. If she were to leave, she left with her father's followers. Mainly Bellatrix.

"When is the first match?" Even when she asked questions, she sounded uninterested.

"Tomorrow, Hufflepuff against Ravenclaw."

By the time he was able to answer her, she was gone. He couldn't even see her figure walking in the hallway. She was mysterious. Diggory was determined to get her to open up. Open up to him.

"Miss Smite, you're late." Madam Hooch stood in front of her tardy student, giving a slight glare.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I'm new here and no one has shown me around.. I got lost." She spoke with a whimper in her voice, her bottom lip slightly quivering as she spoke.

"Ah, don't worry about it dear. Just pay attention now."

Draco turned to see Kacey smirk was Hooch turned her back towards the row of standing students. "Nice one.." He whispered softly, holding out his thumb. Her thumb pressed against his before she put her hands back at her sides. It was something they had been doing for years.

By the time the class was over, Draco was struggling to catch up with the fast paced girl.

"Kacey!" He called out. No reply.

"Smite!" Once again, no reply.

"Opal!"

It hit her like a truck.

Did he..?

She stopped in her tracks, turning to see an out of breath Draco.

"I knew that would catch your attention." That smug face of his was asking to be punched. His face was so punchable. All the time.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Her tone was full of irritation.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to take a tour of the school tomorrow, so you won't get lost anymore."

"No."

"No? Why not?"

"I'm going to the match tomorrow."

She was never one for quidditch, why was she suddenly so interested in a game? It didn't sit right with him.

"Have it your way." He scoffed in annoyance.

Every time they spoke, one of them would be upset at the other. Even if it was just for the tone they used. But Draco knew not the cross the line with her. Self explanatory.

"Smite!"

Lord, why is everyone bugging me today? Don't you people have lives!

The girl plastered on a smile before turning. It was Potter.

"Potter, it's been a hot minute." Her tone was sweet when she spoke to him. This is why she came to Hogwarts. To get to Harry Potter. That wouldn't work if made him blow his top from her insults. But now wasn't the time, she would probably snap at him if she didn't talk to him after supper.

"Are you heading back right now?"

"No, actually. But I'll catch up with you later, at supper?"

"At supper."

He was almost as cheerful as Cedric. Almost. Thank Merlin he wasn't.

Kacey took her time heading back for supper, inspecting the architecture and anything that caught her eye. Mainly paintings and locked doors. Any place where she wasn't supposed to be. By the time she had entered the Great Hall, all the students were stuffing their faces.

She took a seat by Draco quietly, taking a bread roll off his plate.

"Go grab your own food, Smite."

"Too lazy. Besides, I'm pretty sure you're going to share with me."

She wasn't finished. Dramatically she cleared her throat.

"Or my father will hear about this."

An iconic line from the one and only, Draco Malfoy himself. But he didn't find it as amusing as the girl did.

"Real funny Opal."

"I know."

"You're a sma-"

"Smartass, like my father. I know."

"Are you really going to the quidditch match?" It still didn't sit right with him. Why was she suddenly going? It would be her second day, you'd think she would want to map out campus. Or study. But what was there to study? She knew almost everything.

"Yes, I am. What's it to you Malfoy?"

"I would think you would end up doing something more useful on your second day. Take up my offer on the tour." He took a forkful of his mashed potatoes, quietly stuffing his mouth.

"A friend invited me to watch him play."

A friend? Was it a boy? Was it Potter?

"You have friends?" He tried not to choke on his food, but earned a slap upside the head by Kacey.

"You don't need to be a prick all the time." It was upsetting how he treated everyone. Especially her! She was The Dark Princess. His leader's daughter. "You truly disgust me, Malfoy." She stood from her seat, grabbing a handful of mashed potatoes and rubbing it on his pant leg. "Go ahead and tell your daddy." Her whisper was sinister, as if she was threatening him. She was. She was going to make his year yell.

She held her head high as she left the Great Hall, glancing back to see Malfoy wiping off his pants. Her face suddenly collided with someone's chest, knocking her off her feet.

"Bloodyhell!" Before she was able to land of her backside, a pair of arms snaked around her waist. This presence made her feel safe, almost happy even. Hesitantly, she looked to see who had knocked her down. But at the same time, saved her from a rough fall.

That damn Hufflepuff

"Geez, Kacey.. I didn't see you there, my apologies." He continued to leave over her as he spoke, his large hand resting on the small of her back. He even smelled sweet. Like honey and freshly baked goods. His breath smelt like chewing gum. Bubblegum perhaps?

What are you doing Cedric? You're staring!

The boy was trying to clear his thoughts, he simply couldn't. The girl in his arms felt so fragile, if could squeeze her hard enough and fracture a rib of hers. Her aroma filled his senses. Vanilla, rain water, and..roses.

"It's alright, I wasn't paying attention. I got distracted."

Cedric slowly stood up straight, pulling her up with him. Her hands were cold, and so small. Both were bruised and scared. No way it was all just from a little accident when she was a child. Some of the bruising looked fresh. Was someone bullying her at school already? This wouldn't sit well with him.

"I didn't hurt you, did I?" The worry in his eyes, his soft tone.. He really was a sweet guy.

"I'm fine, not even a single scratch."

"May I show you around a little bit? There's a place I want to take you."