Chapter 1

The indistinct radio chatter continues until our hologram spoke again.

"Stand by for docking..."

We all waited for the shuttle to dock into the spacecraft floating in space. I patiently waited and prayed so hard that everything will be set in place.

"The manual capture confirm. Tenth of Mars shuttle is now connected to the Skeld spacecraft." The radio in our shuttle announced, and we all cheered in success.

We immediately unfastened our seatbelts right after Pilot Thule Giangan settled everything on his hologram.

"Congratulations, everyone." I address to acknowledge the successful flight we went through space.

"I can't wait to get into the spaceship now!" Eris Villena, our Spaceflight Participant that's new to things into this merrily said.

I smiled at her and one of the Mission Specialist, Luna Borbajo hushed her to calm her down from her excitement.

We all walked into the huge spacecraft now, and I'm satisfied that we're finally in space to accomplish our duty more.

"Kindly activate the rooms, Engineer Abella." I ordered our Flight Engineer, Orion Abella and he immediately gets near to the hologram that's just beside the airlock door.

After a moment of tapping digits and keys to the hologram, the whole spacecraft is finally working.

"The spacecraft Skeld is now activated." The radio announced and the airlock door finally opened for us.

"The entire rooms are now working, Commander." Engineer Abella stated right after.

I nod and smiled at him a bit, and as soon as we got on board we began to get occupied now to our tasks.

My crewmates became busy with their designated duties inside their rooms. I became busy too on monitoring the hologram inside the admin, reading informations, and messages that were sent from QASA.

After I checked everything in the admin, I decided to visit the navigation where our Spaceflight Pilots are maneuvering the entire spacecraft now.

"Commander." They greeted me when the airlock door opened for me and I walked in.

"How's everything going?" I asked and lost in a daze for a second as I stared at the huge glass window showing the boundless space in front of us.

"So far... the spacecraft has already flying on its own, Commander. We will be landing on Mars in several months." Pilot Holmes Bueno politely said as I checked the holograms beside him.

"That's good. We're already all set to land on Mars." I said to praise them both for doing their job well.

We heard the airlock door opened and my Lieutenant Arche Geonzon greeted us.

"Commander, our crewmates are having a meal now at the cafeteria. Would you like to join us to celebrate our success, Commander?"

"Of course, let's set aside our works for now and celebrate our successful flight."

Right after everyone prepared some feast here in the cafeteria, we all toast our wine glasses to each other's glass.

"Congratulations, everyone! For the successful teamwork, Tenth of Mars!" I declare gratifyingly.

"We're all thankful, Commander. If not because of your dominant leadership, we couldn't be here without you leading us." Pilot Holmes complimented beside me.

"My pleasure, everyone. This is the fruit of the hard works we bear for years, we deserve all the success in this world." I said smiling.

Luna second demotion at that. "But rather... the universe, Commander!" She said laughingly.

I chuckled at her as I take a sip on my wine.

"How about we play a game to have fun and relax for now, crewmates?" Lieutenant Alula Condevillamar asked each one of us.

I furrowed my brows at her. "What game do you mean, Lieutenant Condevillamar?" I asked.

"Well... our Mission Specialist, Rigel Arsolon invented a game before we got into this mission, Commander. He said that our first bucket list right after we successfully got into our spacecraft is to play the game he invented before." She stated.

"Hmm..." My sight diverted to Rigel shaking his wine glass smoothly on his hand, as he stared at Lieutenant Condevillamar.

"And that game is?" I asked my Lieutenant but Rigel was the one to answer me now.

"Its called Among Us, Commander. I invented this game inspired by us, Tenth of Mars." He croaky said.

I took a sip more on my wine as everyone became silent suddenly.

"Hmm, that sounds good." I tried to lessen the sudden silence of my crewmates.

We got all snapped when Eris clapped her hands.

"Then, what are we waiting for? Let's try to play the game!" She said in excitement.

"The game is already installed on your hologram computers in your designated rooms. So, shall we start the game now?" Rigel added.

Before we separated ways to get into our rooms, I stopped him to ask.

"But how? I don't know anything about the game you invented, Rigel." I asked confusedly.

"The hologram will show the mechanics and it's not that difficult to play, so you would eventually get along, Commander." He assured me.

"Okay! I can't wait to play the game now on my hologram, I'm so thrilled!" I heard our crewmate, Luna, as they walk into their rooms now.

"Good luck, Commander! You're the only one who still didn't get to try to play the game! We're all a pro now!" I heard Castor cheered for me before he walked into his room too.

I didn't get the chance to respond to him when he finally closed the airlock door behind him. When I was about to get into my room now, I heard Rigel from the back spoke.

"Any one of us here can be the impostor in the game, so... be careful, Commander." He said so I immediately face him.

I don't know if I'm just mistaking him, but the grin on his lips is visible to me right now and I have no idea why we ended up deciding to play the game he invented.