Chapter 2

As soon as I closed the door, the words coming out from Rigel lingers in me. I don't have any idea why he warned me that way, I know we're just going to play a game to set off our stress away but why do my crewmates make a big deal out of it?

I glanced at my hologram and I saw the game they all mentioned flashing. I take a seat now on my swivel chair and stared for a moment.

Honestly speaking, this is all nonsense. Why would I play a video game like this anyway? What for? To get along with my crewmates to shove off our stress? This doesn't make sense at all. By now, we should all be occupied with our tasks, not with this nonsense game they come up to play.

I was about to tell my crewmates that I'm not be joining them, but the game started on its own. I have no choice but to play the tutorial of the game now.

"Commander." I heard them through my earpiece speaker called out for me.

"Yes, this is me, Commander Komarov speaking... So, why did we all decided to play this game again?" I somehow asked sarcastically.

I heard some of them chuckled at that. "Like what we all decided, Commander. Let's relax for a while and enjoy for a moment playing this game. Rigel said that this game would be fun." Engineer Orion said.

I twitched my lips as I tried to understand the game I'm playing now.

"So, Commander. Are you playing the tutorial now?" I heard Lieutenant Geonzon asked.

"Uh, huh."

"We're all set in the lobby, Commander. We're waiting for you now." Luna added.

As I let my character roam all over the map of the video game, I later realized that the map is all the same as our spacecraft right now.

"Is the map of this game is the same as the map of our spacecraft right now?" I asked through the earpiece microphone.

"Yes, Commander. Our Mission Specialist, Rigel Arsolon decided to make a replica of our spacecraft." Pilot Holmes said.

I read the further mechanics of the game, and it shows that you're one of the ten players on a space ship. One of these is an impostor whose main goal is to kill everyone. The remainder of the players is part of the regular crew who's just trying to escape unharmed by doing their tasks.

"Are you ready now, Commander?" I heard Rigel's voice asked.

"I just finished reading the tutorial of the game, I guess... I am." I shrugged and was still not convinced to play this game right now.

"Alright, Commander... join us in the lobby now." Castor said and I now decided to tap the button to join them in the lobby.

My character immediately showed up and I saw their characters too in different colors in the game. Our characters were named as the name of our ranks and I got confused about why they decided to name it that way.

"You can also change the color of your suit on the laptop, Commander." Eris said she's trying to help me get familiar with this game.

I moved my character to get near to the laptop she's saying and clicked the customized. Different colors showed up, the only color that hasn't used yet is pink. So, I decided to use the color pink even it looks so childish and girly.

"Now, we're all set. I'll start the game now." Rigel announced, right after I closed the customized tab.

I saw the timer of the game counting down, and before it reached zero Luna instructed me.

"There will be a group discussion right after a report or emergency, Commander. We can't talk for now to keep the game fair between the crew and the impostor." She said before the earpiece radio turned off.

My brows furrowed at that, and I'm still not confident to play this game with them. I waited for a second, and my role on the game flash on my hologram computer...

I am the imposter! Just that! Great!

Our characters flashed right after, standing on the map of our cafeteria and I became thrilled now to play this game with my crewmates.

I'm all confused... but perhaps I must enjoy this game now?

I run around and my only task right now is to kill and sabotage my crewmates. Might as well have fun with this game now, huh?

I saw the character of Lieutenant Arche walked into the navigation where I am, I moved closer to him and immediately killed him. I quickly run away from that room before everyone else sees what I just did.