Easy Pray

The young woman trailed her eyes up to the maroon sky, noting it to be nearly identical to the one from the day before, and perhaps the one before that day as well.

A scarce amount of clouds hovered over the sky, most if not all being large and gray, altogether seeming like a heavy fog set upon the land. Nevertheless, she lived on without a worry, knowing that despite the menacing manner which the clouds presented themselves with, their current state was no sign of danger.

Perhaps in another realm it would be something to worry about and fret, but she knew that in Outworld, it was nothing to worry about.

- It never really was.

From time to time, it would thunder, and when it did, it was frightening enough that when the harsh clapping sounds echoed, the booms descended down to the surface, violently rattling every one of the pitiful creatures that roamed the land.

On those days, she couldn't hide the dread she felt.

Even in the present time, she shivered as she recalled what it felt like to be raked by one of those harsh roars.

Much more, it hit her worse remembering she was alone.

In her little hut, there was no other person to accompany her, and all in all, it made the wretched days much more gloomy. It made the shivers in her body last longer than they should as well, the effects amplified by her solitude.

With a gentle, placid smile, she picked up her watering pail, holding it with two hands by its thin, metal handle, all the while striving to maintain the small expression of contentment she showed out to the world.

She aimed to uphold a positive outlook, but even then, inside her mind, she continued to think negatively, the gloomy thoughts mudding the bright approach she attempted to maintain.

' Alone, as always, I'm here all alone,' she thought to herself, wondering what company would feel like.

'Alone in this world; In this vicious world, left forelone,' She added.

She was starved to touch another person, to truly feel accompanied in the dark world, and she just couldn't help it.

She knew her heart was weak and sensitive, far too much for A person native of Outworld. So much so, she couldn't help but wonder if her existence in the realm was nothing more than a mistake disregarded by the gods.

"I always wonder if this is truly my home," She said lowly, having doubt in her heart.

"Is this where I was truly destined to be?"

She also wondered about what lay in other lands, considering what life was in any other place besides her homeland.

Were they all so grey and gloomy, or did there exist one with colors all about?

Colors...Ones that were warm; ones that could match her heart.

Slowly, her left hand trailed up, barely grazing her chest as it hovered over her soft heart.

She felt like a flickering flame trying to exist in a cold plain, helpless to the icy winds which surrounded it.

Her home, though being one she loved, was filled with many people whose hearts were jaded. However, she supposed that years within ongoing, vicious wars would cause people to eventually grow numb.

So, she couldn't blame anyone for growing cold. While succumbed to the mercy of a tyrant, it was a miracle if anyone held a positive outlook on life.

' I'm not one to complain,' She reminded herself, ' I shouldn't be one to complain,' She reasoned, knowing that there were many who suffered worse fates.