2. Morality

The next morning was hell for Luna.

She had hoped that it may have been a dream, but she knew that It was an idiotic thought. Luna made a deal with a serial killer and she was going to have to deal with it. Why didn't she call the police?! Oh, right. Serial killer. 

Like I could forget that!

After making a half-assed breakfast, Luna collapses into her chair and looks at the BOLOs. The police sketch didn't do Tanner many favors, but it's definitely him. Great. The police wanted him for murder. That explains why he wanted her to edit the BOLOs, he's in serious shit. 

Tanner is definitely an unnerving guy, Luna can't lie, but he feels too cheesy to be a real serial killer. Does that smile ever hurt his face? Luna remembers smiling in family photos, her smile would last for 10 seconds at best before she would drop it in exhaustion. If only she had known that those family photos would be precious as they are today. She would have smiled so bright that nobody in the world would have doubted her devotion to Sarah. Tanner probably doesn't understand that. Maybe that's why he smiles so freely? He doesn't understand the emotion behind it. 

The Blue Blood Killer was going to pay. It didn't matter if it was by the law or by the strangely altruistic acts of a serial killer. Luna wanted to watch the BBK cry in pain, just as he had made many others do the same. Would he beg for mercy? Would he spit in her face, screaming profanities at her as she ties him up. She doesn't consider herself a very violent person, but she would beat the Blue Blood Killer senseless. He's going to regret every laying a finger on her picture perfect family. That is, if Tanner follows through. Luna still needs to do her part of the deal, but she's willing to do it if she can get her revenge.

No, not revenge. It's justice. That man is going to get what he deserves.

Suddenly, Luna's phone rings. It's an unknown number, but.. telemarketers usually don't call at this time.

Luna decides to take the call, albeit with some hesitation.

"Hello?"

"....You're Luna Youngman, correct?"

The voice of a young man sounds from the phone. Luna has never heard his voice in her life, but it seems he knows who she is. Honestly, it seems like she's having strange encounters with creepy men every day now.

"Who is this?"

"I can't tell you that right now, Luna, but I promise I'm here to help."

Help? 

"..help with what? Sir, I'm a detective, I have many things I'm working on right now. You have to be more specific. Do you have a report you want to file?"

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm talking about him." Luna shudders. This is what she was afraid of. How many people know about what happened to her? Or perhaps he's talking about someone else?

"H-him?"

"Luna. The Blue Blood Killer. I'm talking to the right Luna, yes?" Oh god, so he was talking about him. Who even is this?

"N-no, you're talking to the right one. Sorry.. I don't get calls like this most of the time. Sir, please tell me who you are or I'm going to report you to the police."

"Report me to the police?! No, no, you've got it all wrong," she can practically hear him raising his hands in a defensive gesture, "I'm just a reporter, Luna. I.. have connections of some sort."

Connections, huh? The Blue Blood Killer was elusive. Nobody could find traces of him anywhere. His crime scenes were left spotless and his rituals were practically all the same with little to no mistakes. He had gotten away with his killing for years because people couldn't even tell some of the murders were connected. That was until they discovered that all the killings had broken apart families and were connected to the police department. Luna theorized for a while that whoever the killer was didn't have a very good experience with the police. Could he have just been recreating an old family trauma over and over again? The skill that was required to pull off such crime scenes would need someone dedicated.