Chapter 1

Harry's POV
I was following Ron, Hermione, and the rest of the Weasleys, up a hill as the sun was rising. We are up so early to go to the Quidditch World Cup, we were excited to see the Irish vs. the Bulgarians match. As we got to the top of the hill we ran into Mr. Weasley's friend and colleague at the Ministry, Mr. Diggory. He and his son Cedric, (who I didn't know personally, besides that one quidditch match with Hufflepuff last year) were traveling with us to also watch the match. After Mr. Weasley introduced us to Mr. Diggory, Cedric decided to make his entrance, by jumping down from the tree he was in and slightly scaring the rest of us.

After shaking Mr. Weasley's hand, and saying, "Hi" to Fred and George, Cedric walked over to me and stuck out his hand for me to shake. It's much better seeing him up close, he's really as pretty as everyone says he is. I got so lost in his magnificent grey eyes, that I completely forgot that he was waiting for me to shake his hand. I started blushing, and stared down at my feet, while rubbing the back of my neck....I looked up and saw that he was smiling at me. I finally got my Gryffindor courage together and took his hand and shook it back. He looked at me and said, "Hi, I'm Cedric Diggory and it's nice to officially meet you Potter, outside of the quidditch pitch for once".

I chuckled a bit and then smiled up at him, and said, "The feelings are mutual Diggory". He stared at me for a second then told me to call him "Cedric", I smiled even wider and said, " Call me Harry, then". While we were talking, everyone kept walking ahead of us, we ran and caught up with them; until we all stopped around a random boot. I must have been making a confused face, because Cedric leaned over to my ear and told me it was called a "portkey" and it's how we were getting to the World Cup. Mr. Weasley yelled for everyone to grab onto the boot and as soon as I did, I felt like my bellybutton was being sucked through a straw and the next thing I knew we were being yelled at to let go. Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and I all hit the ground "hard"! I looked up to see Mr. Diggory, Mr. Weasley, and Cedric all running while floating down at the same time. Cedric walked over to me and helped me up, I mumbled a quick, "thank you" and we kept walking till we came up on the campsite.

There were tents of all colors and sizes, green and red flags were flying everywhere and there were wizards from all over here, as well as a few house elves (Mione wasn't too happy about that). We finally found our tent and before I was able to go inside, Cedric stopped me while his dad and Mr. Weasley were talking. He wanted to know, "if we could sit together at the match"? I being the complete doofus I tend to be, stuttered out a, "Sure" with a goofy grin on my face. He smiled and ran to catch up with his dad to go to their tent. I turned around and walked into the tent. It was three times the size of the outside! Fred and George explained that it was an extension charm, I looked around in amazement and breathed out, "I love magic".

We were walking up the stairs to our seats, that were all the way at the top of the arena. I was talking with Hermione when I tripped and Cedric caught me. We heard laughing from above us and looked up to see Malfoy laughing at us with his father, glaring down at us. He sneered at us talking about how he and his father were in the Minister's box, we ignored him and finally got to our seats. We cheered as the match ended and made our way back to our tent. Cedric and I were laughing, making jokes, and talking the whole time.

I was watching and laughing at Fred and George pick with Ron about his obsession with Victor Krum. I looked around at Ginny and Hermione talking, Mr. Weasley and Mr. Diggory laughing at some weird adult joke, then Bill and Cedric talking about runes that Bill is working on. I felt someone tap my shoulder and looked up to see Charlie smiling at me, then he pointed to the exit. I got what he meant and followed him out.