𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝙸𝙸

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

Jennie slipped into a tight red dress. It was one of the few dresses she owned, since she hardly ever had a place to wear them. She had gotten it for a friend's wedding, it was a splurge and she was glad she was having another chance to wear it.

"Mommy?" Jimin walked into the room as she was struggling to zip up the back. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going out to dinner, baby," she told him, picking him up and setting him down on her bed, "What do you think?"

"Mommy looks pretty," he told her happily, clapping his hands.

Jennie stared down at him. She loved him more than anything else in the entire world, but was she hurting him by not telling Lisa about him? Lisa could give him so much more, a nice house, a dog, college tuition. She couldn't risk it though, she couldn't risk losing him, or sharing him every other weekend. Jimin was hers and hers completely.

"Why are you going out?" he asked, picking at her bed spread and kicking his feet against the mattress. Jennie leaned close to the mirror to put her makeup on, watching him from in it.

"Just for fun. Mommies like to have fun sometimes too." Fun, ha, more like a nightmare.

"I'm gonna have fun too. I like Yeri," he informed her, referring to Jeongyeon's daughter of the same age as him. Jeongyeon had five children ranging from ages one to sixteen. This made Jennie feel guilty about giving her another one to watch, even for an evening, but Jeongyeon insists that one more doesn't really make a difference. Plus, she says, Jimin and Yeri keep each other entertained, and it's hard to even remember that they're there.

"I know you do," she said, glancing at the clock. She had to go drop Jimin off, then be back here before seven.

"Let's go now," she said picking him up off the bed and pushing him out of the room. "Where are your shoes?" she asked as she grabbed her keys.

"Right here," he said as he slid them on. He had just recently learned how to tie his shoes, and was now making a big production of it. He never let her tie them for him anymore.

"We're going to be late, sweetie," she said. Jimin stood up and walked out the door, Jennie following him.

"Jiminie!" Yeri said running to the door when Jennie rang the bell to drop him off. The two children ran off together.

"Don't you look nice," Jeongyeon said smiling at Jennie, who hardly ever dressed up.

"Thanks for doing this. I'll be back as soon as I can," Jennie called over her shoulder as she rushed back to her still running car.

Jeongyeon was waving at the door as Jennie pulled out of the driveway. Almost ten to seven, she hoped Lisa wasn't the kind to be early.

God, why was she even doing this? Jennie sped up the car as fast as she dared. All she had to do was sit through one dinner with her, that's all. She would nicely and politely tell Lisa that there was no longer any reason to feel guilty, and that she should just kindly leave her alone. There was no need for things to get ugly.