𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

Jennie laid in bed, the lights were out but she couldn't fall asleep. Lisa hadn't come home yet. She always came home right after work, not even a moment late, but it was already dark and she hadn't come home yet.

Lying as intently awake as she was, and the night being so still and silent, she had no trouble hearing the car as soon as it pulled into the driveway. She listened to her steady gate coming up the stairs, until she was flicking on the bedroom light.

She sat up and looked at her expectantly. The look on her face was a mixture of anger and hurt resignation, and Jennie didn't know whether to be wary of her or to go wrap her in her arms.

"Lili?" she questioned hesitantly, sitting up.

"Are you in love with this Chanyeol guy?" Lisa asked, her voice determinedly steady. Jennie couldn't detect the least bit of emotion in her voice; her words came out painfully flat.

"What?" Jennie said in complete shock. Why would she be sleeping with her if she were in love with Chanyeol? She shook her head in slow denial, but she wasn't looking at her.

"You were with him Monday, but you lied about it."

Jennie was confused. She couldn't remember telling her that she hadn't seen Chanyeol. "I don't know what you're talking about," Jennie said hesitantly. Lisa came over to sit on the edge of the bed.

"On the phone, I thought you sounded jumpy, but I reasoned that it was just my imagination."

Jennie remembered. It was the day she went to see her mother and step-father. She had been trying to hide something from her, just not what she'd guessed.

"I also heard that you took $10,000 out of our account."

Jennie's face went blank. "I-I," she stumbled over her words, she was going to tell Lisa, but it was too late now, she had already found out on her own.

She shook her head, "I suppose I can't blame you for ruining our marriage, not when you didn't want to be in it in the first place."

Ruined? Jennie questioned to herself, Did that mean it was over? She could feel the tears rising to her eyes, but fought to keep them down. Things had gone so wrong so quickly, and she knew it was her fault. She had been prepared for Lisa to come in here raving and screaming at her, but she wasn't quite sure what to make of this quiet acceptance.

"The thing I don't understand is, if you were planning to run away with him, why did you suddenly become all friendly toward me?"

"What?" Jennie parroted her earlier response, too shocked to say anything else. What was she talking about?

"Oh come on, I'm not stupid. The minute I was away, you snuck off to Chanyeol with $10,000. Were you planning on taking Jimin with you, or leaving him here? Is he the reason you came back?"