‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Chapter 5☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

➹  Place: Demonic Realm, Laila & Wooyoung's room ➷
➹ P.O.V: Laila ➷

Another day in the demonic realm. I open my eyes to see that Wooyoung is just waking up as well. He's rubbing his eyes and sitting up slowly, his hair a fluffy mess standing up here and there. I sit up as well and reach my hand over, ruffling his hair.

The boy smiles before looking at me. He's silent, which is unlike him. I take notice of this and place my hand on  his cheek, looking into his icy eyes.

"Wooyoung.. What's wrong?" I ask. He's quiet for a moment before opening his mouth.

"Two days ago when we arrived here, what did you and Lucifer talk about?" he asked. I smile softly, remembering my mother.

"He.. Let me meet my mom. She's locked away here for breaking a law." I explain. Confusion takes over his face. "Why is she locked up? And in the demon realm at that?" I let out a sigh. He's my best friend, and I don't keep things from him.

"You see Wooyoung.. My mother is a demon. Her and my father were having an affair. When I was born, she was forced to leave me and was locked away." I tell him. The boy listens with interest.

"Then.. That's why your wing.." he trailed off, looking at my black wing. I reply by nodding my head. He has an expression on his face that I can't quite read. What's he thinking? He must be scared of me now. I let my head drop in shame.

"Laila... I.. Hope this doesn't affect things between us. I want things to stay as they were." he admits. I let out this stupid smile.

"Ah, Wooyoung I could never change the way I look at you! You're my best friend, no matter what." I laugh and pull him into my arms in a tight hug. He hugs back, burying his face in my neck. His warm breaths against my sensitive neck send chills down my spine.

At that moment, the door opens and San pokes his head in. "Laila.. Good you're awake. I'd like you to come with me today." the boy says. I feel Wooyoung tense up and let out a growl, holding onto me tighter. I smile and run my fingers through his hair. I pull away from the hug and look into his eyes. "Don't worry, I'll be back." I promise.

He's hesitant but places his lips against my head. "Alright Lai you better hurry." he pouts. I smile and look over to Zerv who, as if on command, shifts into a tiny dragon to go around my neck. I stand out of the bed and walk behind San.

As we're out of the room and the door is closed, he pins me to the wall. "You should stay away from that angel. You can only have one, not both." he warns. I'm confused and don't understand what he's saying. "Wooyoung is my friend. Back off." I let out. Zerv senses my irritation and lifts up, hissing at San. I see the boys cat in the corner of my eye hissing up at Zerv. Great, third day here and already not getting along.

I scoff and push the boy to the side, walking down the hallway and to the kitchen for a glass of water. The cold liquid is refreshing to my bone-dry throat. After a few minutes, Wooyoung joins me. He walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. "What did devil boy want?" he asked.

"Yah, he was just being annoying." I said. I don't want to trouble Wooyoung with what the boy said. He hesitates for a moment before smiling. "Alright then." he said.

Things are quiet for a while. I start playing with my fingers while looking around the room.

"You know we're going to have to get back to your dad soon with some sort of update in our status." Wooyoung broke the silence, speaking out what's been bugging me.

I heave a heavy sigh. "I know. I don't know if I can face him though. Not after finding out about my mom. It's like.. Half of my life has been a lie to me. I've always been told I was cursed." I speak softly in almost a whisper.

Wooyoung hums in response. He walks over to me and sits beside me, wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug. "It's okay Laila. If you don't want to be around him, always remember I'm here for you. No matter what." he promises. A tear drop rolls down my cheek.

Wooyoung always has been here for me. And I trust that he always will be.