하나

boldk o r e a n

normal — e n g l i s h

italict h o u g h t s

"Ms. Chen (y/n), I am not certain if you will ever find it in your heart to forgive me when you read this. In fact, I do not expect you to."

Prologue

━━━━━━No day is perfect; nothing is perfect.

She knew that a long time ago. But that day when

she fell down in an old well came just about close.

Year 2056

The sun that dazzled through the window was warm and bright , enough to illuminate her small bedroom . Her skin that was once smooth and supple has now calloused and roughened through the years of hard work in her cake shop .

She could feel her skin sag as she softly pinches her cheek . In two months , she will be reaching the fifty-fifth year of her life .

Getting older is inevitable .

The cake shop owner is sitting at the window , keeping a sharp eye on everything that passes . Her meticulousness never failed her as she spotted once again the boy — in his early teenage — who always tells his driver to stop in front of her shop .

She observes him with wonder, just as how his crystal, blue orbs gaze on every cake displayed through the transparent , thin glass . She likes the feeling that she can see him perfectly from above . Her shop , is after all just right below her house .

If her neighbors hadn't known better , they would think that she is romantically interested in that boy . But she wouldn't care less since she found him somewhat fascinating. He strikingly resembles someone — a very important person to her .

She remembers his eyes upon their first meeting . The prince also had the same crystal , blue orbs that were always capable of diagnosing her with a single look .

Curiosity strikes again .

Will that boy do the same if she will scurry downstairs and look right through his eyes ?

That's so weird of me .

She mentally slapped herself . The boy might misunderstand her as a pedophile .

However , it is unmistakable . The slant of his eyes , the azure of his hair , the lightness of the boy's skin . He exactly looks like the prince she knew .

She remembers the prince so distinctly , her memory kept alive through dreams and nightmares and everything in between .

But the boy below is no prince . The evidence is visible : a middle school uniform , a black leather shoes , and a silver watch embedded in his wrist .