Chapter 2

It's roughly a week since the Doctor's rescue mission. The more severely wounded operators are still recuperating in the medical wards being watched over by the medics.

Rhodes Island have sustained heavy losses in their attempt to save a VIP. Their blind loyalty and devotion have made them pay the price.

Many of those who died are irreplaceable, like Ace for example.

But we can't change what happened in the past, so we better focus on the future only.

Angel found himself staring at what they called a 'helicopter' with twitching eyes. His mouth formed a small scowl as he turned to look at the report with disbelieve.

"Chipped rotor blade, internal engine is almost burned to hell, loose wirings, and I could hear the rotors shrieking! What in the hell happened to them?!" Angel shouted in disbelief after reading the damage report given by Closure.

He was about to start a rant concerning the chopper when the sound of rotors whirring got caught in his ears.

"No you don't!" He threw the papers on the nearby table, grabbed his gun case and rushed outside to the helipad.

"Hey!" He shouted, capturing the attention of nearby refueling personnel and the people in the chopper.

"Turn that helicopter off, or I'll shoot you off the sky myself!"

The pilot flinched and turned multiple switches off, the engine eventually died and silence filled the open helipads with multiple pair of eyes watching Angel.

The side door of the chopper slides open, revealing an operator sitting on the other side with his head in his hand.

"As much as I don't like it, we need this chopper, Angel..." He muttered.

"And as much as i want you to do your job, I can't let any of you use this chopper ever again!" Angel countered with a fierce glare. "Do you know how close this helicopter to exploding mid-air?!"

The man steps out of the chopper, he is Noir Corne, a defender operator.

"How long have you been using this heli for?" Angel asked with his hands crossed.

"... about 4 days." Noir Corne answered, prompting Angel to facepalm.

"I know i said this was the second latest transport helicopter from our R&D... But three days of nonstop flying, except for refueling, is borderline machine abuse." The Cautus sighed. After a bit of pondering he turned towards Noir Corne again. "I'll speak to Kalt'sit myself, all of you take a rest for the day. You are dismissed."

The operators in the helicopter shared a glance between each other and to Noir Corne, they nodded and walked away from thee chopper.

After three days of work, they need the rest.

Angel closed his eyes and went to meet with Closure who was staring at him with an awestruck expression. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing." She broke her staring and whistled.

Closure is a fair woman with long black hair and crimson eyes with hints of her Sarkaz origin. She have the characteristics similar of a vampire, fangs and elongated ears.

The Cautus hummed and took out his tablet, "The helicopter is toasted, there's no way it would fly again without any intensive repairing. I will call the S.V.L.A. to send it's spare parts. Can i leave it to you when it arrive?"

"Of course! Thank you Angel, you're a lifesaver." Closure nodded with gratitude. That one helicopter is their only air transport so it would be vital to not lose it.