2 - redacted

"I thought we wanted to keep our relationship on the down-low. You even had that blind item redacted. It was a blind item, love!"

They were in the car on their way back home after that proposal on national tv. Within a matter of minutes, social media became chaotic about the whole affair, fans becoming emotional, bashers finding new grounds to spread hate and negativity, and trolls going overtime on this new prey.

"Is it wrong? Fans have been speculating anyway, we only confirmed everything that's already out there. The staff knows, management knows, both our families know. It was just putting a period to a question mark on everyone else's minds."

He kissed her hand, glancing at her every now and then as he kept his eyes on the road. Chico was contentedly sitting on her lap and looking out the window every now and then. The sun was setting as they cruised the sparsely filled expressway. They left the studio in time to avoid the rush hour traffic, opting to go straight home instead of having dinner in one of their favorite restaurants as they usually do after a show. They will definitely be swarmed by reporters and paparazzi if they will be caught outside after what just happened. Their phones have been buzzing non-stop, flooded with messages and notifications. After making a call to both their parents and her manager, they went off-grid.

"We need to come out with a statement, you know."

"I'll have Leo write a draft and we can check it." Leo is Ray's handler, long-time friend, and number one defender. When he decided to swap working in front of the camera to behind the lens and directing, Leo made sure that he got connected with all the right people in the industry so that he will know the ropes. Leo wasn't spared of the gossip, especially of them having a gay relationship. Well, Leo is in a relationship, but not with Ray. He married his long-time partner in the US and Dee even stood in as witness because Ray was on assignment.

"Love, I want us to write it. Let's both do it, please? And I don't want to just post it on social media. I want to also read it on the show." She looked at him with batting eyes and a cute pout that made him laugh. How can he say no?

"Alright. We'll do it right at the beginning, when you do the greetings."

"And i want you there with me."

He chuckled and kissed her hand again, as he made a right turn towards their home.

"Will you let me say no?"

"I answered 'yes' today, didn't i?"

He laughed at her quick comeback, something that he truly loves about her. He stopped the car in front of their gate, leaned in to kiss her lips, and whispered.

"And thank goodness you did."

***

september 2.