Melanin dripping meeting (6)

AN: please vote for this chapter if you like it

Kapinga POV

I had been working at the palace for a week now and it has been great. Amina was such a special kid. She was really smart. She and Mukendi were very close now. They got taught together in the palace. Amina was being home schooled and Aunt Martha was really close to the royal family, so she managed to get Mukendi schooled at the palace too. The kids didn't give me much trouble. They were always busy amongst themselves that I often found myself bored during the day. I did learn quite a bit in that first week though. I now could braid hair, as I was expected to braid Amina's hair and it was actually fun. I also now had a pretty good understanding of the palace.

I had received my first salary which was great because, I now had more outfits than just the initial two. I also got Mukendi some clothing as well. He was finally opening up as a kid and I was really happy for him. I wanted him to be happy. However, I was scared that he was growing way too close to Amina and if something was to happen, I don't know how he would feel about leaving. After all this wasn't really home. And if I was to be honest, I kind of was hurt that my brother had found new company and sort of forgot about me.

I had bought a book when we went shopping on Saturday, but I could only get one book and I had already completed it. Thus, I decided it was exploring time. The palace was huge and I still had parts to figure out so, I decided to go explore it some more.

In the palace there wasn't really anyone else of my age which sucked. I had asked Aunt Martha why and she said that they didn't allow girls of our age to come work in the palace because apparently they all tried to sleep with the prince. She managed to get me in because of her connection with the king. I had never met the prince before but to be honest I wasn't even in the least curious to meet him.

I was never the kind of girl who dreamt of marriage. My main goal in life was to become a healer. I was in my final year of schooling when we had to flee from our home. I was on my own now, but I was somehow going to still complete that degree. I was going to save up enough money to put myself into school and become a healer. That was the only way I was going to secure a proper life for Mukendi and I.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't realise that I had ended up at the palace library. It was magnificent. There was so many books that I was certain that no one could have possibly read all of them. It was at least two stories high and the books lined the shelves all the way to the top. There were these really colourful sofas that were set a circle with a small glass table in the middle in each corner. It was beautiful.

I didn't realise that amidst my admiring of the venue, I failed to notice that someone was watching me at the door. I only noticed him when he coughed. I was frightened because I didn't know if I had the right to even be in the library. I didn't want to get in trouble after my first week so I decided to beg for mercy instead, "H..Hi...I..I mean Good morning, Sir. I wasn't snooping. The door was open and I thought to check if anything needed to be cleaned in here."

I didn't even dare look up at him. Where I came from, if you looked someone older in the eye, it was seen as a sign of disrespect. "Well, this room is clean but since you asked for it come clean my office. It hasn't been cleaned yet." I was never the type to be attracted to a person's voice but oh my, that voice was something else. I now wanted to actually see who this man was but then I remembered that I was the help and that's all I was to him at least.

I then followed closely behind him as he led me to this office that needed to be cleaned. I suddenly realised that I didn't have any cleaning equipment with me. This was bad.

I walked into the room after him and it was completely cleaned. I didn't understand. So, I looked up at him to ask him why I was brought here, and I was shocked. No, it wasn't because he was handsome. I mean yes, he is good looking but he wasn't my type. I preferred men who were tall dark-skinned and had a beard. All that he had was the fact that he was tall. He had no beard, and he wasn't close to the definition of dark skinned. To be honest, I was rather annoyed at the fact that he had much longer hair than I did. But that wasn't what had me in shock. I had met him before.

When we were on our way here, I had heard a cry in the forest. He was badly hurt and had lost so much blood. I tried to help him as much as I could, but I didn't have blood to give him. I also couldn't carry him with us because he was way too heavy. Luckily, my father was a healer and I had learned quite a bit about natural herb treatments and used them to help him.

I didn't know if he would make it, but clearly he did and he was standing right in front of me in the palace. Who was this guy? I was so shocked that I nearly missed the smirk that grew on his face. He thought I was admiring him. Then he turned around and threw all the papers on his desk on the floor. "Stop staring at what you will never have and start cleaning. That is what I pay you to do after all," he said. Then he turned around and he left.

I didn't understand what had just happened, but I knew that I had to clean the place up. So, I started cleaning up the place cause, I really wanted to keep my job. And who even said that I wanted to date him? Asshole! I hated him alright. There were so many papers and sheets that I knew that this was going to take long. Not to mention that I had to check on the kids still.

I don't know how long it took for me to repack his desk, but I know it was long. When I finished, I noticed that the office was connected to a bedroom. I went to the conjoined section and it was rather beautiful. There in the centre laid a huge King size bed. Opposite the bed was a ceiling to floor window that led to a balcony. And the view from the balcony was beautiful. You could see the sunflower garden from it. Beyond the palace wall was a small river.

I realised that I was snooping and decided to leave the room immediately. I did one last quick check and was pleased with how I had cleaned up the office. I then turned to leave and noticed that the door was ajar. That was odd considering the fact that he had slammed the door shut when he left. I didn't like the feeling my body gave me at this thought. I quickly stepped out of the room.

As I closed the door, I noticed the words Prince Muamba written in gold. Then it hit me, he was the prince. 

XXXXXX

QOC: What is your favourite pick up line?

XXXXX