1

It has been almost a month since Five and his family returned to 2019, only to find that their lives have been replaced with seven new powered individuals known as the Sparrow Academy. During the month, Five and his family discovered that there was an eighth child adopted with them, Heather Scott, and even though Heather and Five have a rocky relationship from both working in the Temps Commission, Heather let Five and the rest stay with her at her summer cabin. This only lasted a few weeks and one by one they all left on their separate ways, Five being the first to go.

Now Five sat in Griddy's Donut Shop, alone, in the cruel familiarity of the place he and his siblings always use to visit when they were young.  Five picked up his fresh cup of hot black coffee as the bells rang to notify the waitress a customer has entered or left.  Five looked in the silver bell beside him to see the reflection of the newcomer.  She was a tall, fit white woman with long wavy blonde hair and carrying a very familiar briefcase.  Five spoke in an uncaring tone, "what do you want, Heather."  Heather sat beside him, briefcase on the floor, and repeated his tone, "the Commission has a job for you, in Houston, Texas, 2010."  Five looked at his coffee, "why didn't they contact me themselves?"  Heather criticized, "the network is down, remember, has been for a few days."  Five asked, "why me?"  Heather handed him the briefcase, "because you are the apocalypse expert."  After paying for his coffee, Heather left, leaving Five with a written note from Herb and a briefcase. 

After finishing his coffee, Five went around back of the diner, opened the briefcase, and time jumped to April 1st, 2010.  He landed in a field and walked to the distant house.