2

Five arrived at the abandon house. Setting the briefcase down, he explored, until he heard shuffling of feet. He froze, trying to pinpoint the origin of the sound, but it stopped. As he looked around, he saw a shadow behind the fireplace grate, it looked to be the shadow of a child. Five spoke softly, "hey there, are you ok?" A small voice whispered in fear, "I've called the police, you better leave." He knew she was bluffing so he walked to the fireplace and removed the grate to reveal a small child, about ten, crouched down covered in soot. He smiled kindly, "I'm Five, who are you?" She hesitated, "Delila." Five held out his hand, and she took it. She was so skinny, she barely had and meat on her bones. Five asked, "where are your parents, neighbours?" She looked confused and didn't answer it, or the four other questions he asked. The sun was setting and he needed to get into town, so he found some canned food in the house and made it for Delila before he left, taking his briefcase with him.

Delila watched him hijack the old family car and leave towards Sugar Land city. It was only a ten minute drive to reach the city, on the way he saw sugar cane stalks being harvested, a big currency here he deduced. After talking to many people who thought he was crazy, and overall finding nothing, Five drove back to the house to find Delila asleep on the dusty couch, and a spot on the floor cleaned off with pillows and a blanket dropped in place for him to use. Five smiled a bit, they weren't the best accommodations, but it was something. Five fell asleep promptly and got up the next morning bright and early. Delila was still asleep, Five made breakfast and returned to town.