6

Five was silent, the apocalypse had already begun, he was too late to stop it.  Delila sat beside him and stared at his reddened face sadly.  The sun was setting, and soon they both fell asleep.

The next day, Delila was up before him.  He woke up to her poking his sore abdomen.  Then, like an alarm clock went off in her mind, she said, "time for you to go to town."  Five looked at the sun, this was around the time he usually left, then his suspicious nature kicked in, "how did you know that?"  Delila said, "because when you leave I have to go cure the water like friend says to."  Five looked at her, "cure the water?  How?"  Delila was now very nervous, "friend says I'm not suppose to tell anyone, or else cousin won't come back and get me."  Five asked, "who is this cousin?"  Delila grabbed the picture from the kitchen drawers to show him.  As soon as Five saw the picture he knew he had been lied to.  Five pointed to the familiar woman, "is this your cousin?"  Delila smiled, "there is me, De, and cousin Lila."  Five looked at Lila, Diego's former girlfriend who escaped with a briefcase. 

Five smiled as he manipulated the child, "I'm going to head to town know, and I will be back later on, is friend coming today?"  Delila nodded, and Five smiled, got up and left.  He drove the car until he was downhill enough that Delila couldn't see it, then he used his ability to jump back into the house.  As he got there, he saw Delila heading out back to the backyard water well where she buried a large bottle of arsenic crystals.  She opened the bottle, poured them into a teaspoon and dumped them into the town water supply, contaminating it with odourless and tasteless poison.