Chapter 9

[PRETEND THEY ARE 16/17 IDK WHAT YEAR THEY HAVE TO BE IN FOR THAT AGE BUT THATS WHAT THEY ARE,, I SAW SO MANY COMMENTS SAYING THEY WERE 14 IM SO SORRY NOOO IM NOT A PEDO I SWEAR🥺💗💗💗☺️🤧🤧]

Draco's POV

Seeing her lying there in the snow with Cedric was like a cold slap to the face. We hadn't spoken in months, only exchanged the occasional wary, dare i say regretful, looks. It hurt me to see her with him...physically hurt me- her cheeks rosy from the cold and her eyes sparkling as the light from the snow refracted in them she had never looked so beautiful...and out of reach. Like a forbidden treasure.

I had never wanted to snap the neck of anyone more than I did that pathetic Diggory idiot. Who did he think he was, groping around on my Rosie? Even his kiss was pathetic. So virginal and virtuous...how revoltingly boring. If it were me...if it were me there with her instead of him, I wouldn't have wasted time frolicking in the snow like a child.

If I ever saw that oaf touch her again I would kill him. She doesn't deserve his simpering babyish nonsense. She needs a man. A man like me, who could make her feel more alive than she ever has before. She and wuss-boy Diggory had no spark and no chemistry and no fucking sexual tension. I knew it and she knew it too. She was kidding herself if she thought she could do better than me.

And I was kidding myself if I thought I could do any better than her.

After seeing them together, something in my mind clicked. I had been too inactive, too sorry for myself these past few months. I had convinced myself that keeping my distance was what was best, for both of us. But that was foolish. Why was I fantasising about her constantly from afar like some bloody pervert? If I ever wanted something in the past, I took it, so why wasn't I doing it now? I want her. So I'll take her. These months have been too long. I've been a coward for too long.

Ambition coursed through my body. I was going to get her back. It would be so easy... Diggory doesn't compare to me. I just needed to get her to see that. Everytime I saw the two of them together in the halls they had stupid grins on their faces, laughing together privately as if they were the only two in Hogwarts. I had never seen her so happy. I chose to ignore it whilst I fooled myself, lying to myself every time i saw them together that their 'King and Queen of Hufflepuff' act was strictly platonic. Then I saw the kiss. It's easier to deny something in your mind when you can't actually see it, but now that I saw them together, entangled in the snow, I could no longer fool myself. She had moved on and I hadn't. She had won.

And I won't let her win. She can't come into my life, mess with my head and just leave. I refuse to be the weak one. The worst part is, she doesn't even care. I see her waltzing around the halls without a care in the world, and all I can do is wonder how the hell she ended up being the one with power; the complete opposite of what I had expected.

She wasn't allowed to breeze through school, all bubbly and cheerful. The image of her bouncy curls, tumbling down her shoulders like a silken waterfall was burned in my mind. The way her honey eyes sparkled with mischief. The way her nose crinkled when she would concentrate in class. Class...we haven't sat next to eachother in potions for months. She sat with that orange dimwit Weaselbee. I could always hear them laughing from the back of the class. I had been failing potions, too distracted with my hatred of them to focus on Snape.

I think I'm so obsessed with her because she's the only one who's not cared. Not simpered for my attention. That bothered me. After all, you know what they say...you want what you can't have. What also bothered me was that I hadn't felt that warmth she provided since. I craved that warmth.

I would never admit that I was in the wrong, but then again, she had been making me do things I would never have done before. So... in this situation...I was in the wrong. Ouch that bruised my ego to admit.