Hospital Fun

Authors note: Hey guys this chapter will include a lot of Matt and Sylvie! I'm excited for this one and I hope you like it!

General POV:

The next thing they know, the doctor is walking toward then and it doesn't look good. Matt and Sylvie both stand up, Sylvie reaches for Matt's hand and they lock fingers.

"Are you here for Amelia?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah, um, I'm her sister but I'm going to adopt her." Sylvie said.

"How is she?" Matt asked eagerly. He's been getting closer to Amelia. She has him wrapped around her little finger. Even if he didn't want to admit it, he wants to call both Sylvie and Amelia his.

"She's going to be fine. We ran some tests and her oxygen level was low. But we treated it and she will be fine. We do recommend you come back in a few months so we can do a check up. You are more than welcome to come see her now"

"Okay, is there anyone I could talk to about adoption papers here?" Sylvie asked.

"I'll send someone into the room."

The doctor lead them to the room where Amelia was. Matt couldn't help but smile and Sylvie noticed.

"What's that for Mr." Sylvie asked laughing.

"Just can't wait to spend time with this little bundle of joy" Matt said while looking at Amelia. "She kinda has me wrapped around her little finger."

Sylvie smile back at Matt. All she wanted to do was kiss the man in front of her. He's been there for me  through this whole thing. He's in love with Amelia, if only he was in love with her too. Cause I love Matt Casey. He's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I have to stop these feelings.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a woman knocking on the door.She entered the room and said she was here with adoption papers.

A few hours later, they were back at her apartment with Amelia Brett. She got released and Matt drove them home. It was already 4 am and they needed some sleep. Sylvie and Matt put Amelia in her crib, they were lucky cause she went right to sleep.

"Okay, you can have my bed and I'll take the couch" Sylvie said.

"No, I'll take the couch Sylvie, I really don't mind."

"Matt, you're my guest, I can't let you sleep on the couch."

"Sylvie please, you deserve the bed."

"Fine. But next time you're taking the bed."

She grabbed him a blanket and pillow. They said there goodnights and went to bed. But Matt couldn't sleep. All he thought about was Sylvie said. Next time. He hoped next time they would be sharing the bed. God Matt no, what are you thinking? She's your best friend and probably doesn't even feel the same way.

Matt's POV:

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon. I got up off the couch and walked toward the kitchen.

"Hey, so I got up and fed Amelia and she's fine. I also found a babysitter for while I'm at shift! It's an older woman and she's wonderful. I've known her since I was a little girl so I trust her with Amelia. She's not charging me much so that's good too."

"Well someones had a productive morning."

General POV:

Sylvie handed him a cup of coffee but then accidentally spilt it all over her shirt.

"Oops. Sorry." She said trying to hold back a laugh but it didn't work.

"You think this is funny don't you?" Matt said with a smile.

"Kinda"

He laughed and took off his shirt. Sylvie just stared, she couldn't help it.

"Like what you see?" Matt said with a chuckle.

Sylvie glared at him and said "Maybe I do?"

Matt smiled and walked to the bedroom to change. Were they flirting with each other? She thought. She snapped out of it when Amelia cried. She went to Amelia's room and grabbed her. Then all of a sudden she feels a hand on her side and a strong arm around her. She looked up and saw Matt smiling down at her and Amelia. She never wanted this moment to end.

Matt decided it was best to stay the night again even though Sylvie was doing great with Amelia. They once again fought over who got the couch, and this time Sylvie won.

Then the next thing they know it's morning. It's time to leave for shift, so Sylvie gets Amelia me stuff all ready to get dropped off while Matt gets Amelia in the truck.

"You ready?" Matt asked.

"I don't want to leave her." She said

"I know. To be honest, I don't want to leave her little side either." He said. He saw Sylvie shed a tear so he put her hand in his.

They pull up to the woman's house and Matt grabs Amelia and talks to her, telling her to be good while there gone. Sylvie's laughs and then they knock on the door.

They get back in the truck and Sylvie starts balling. Matt pulls her over so she's leaning in his side.

"I don't know why I'm so upset." She cried.

Matt pulls her in close and kisses the top of her head and says "it's only because you're a good parent and your scared to leave your little girl."

"Thanks Matt."

Matt starts driving but Sylvie stays right where she was with Matt's arm around her. He made her feel better, and safer.

The next thing they know they pull up to the house. Sylvie gives Matt a tight hug, before getting out of the truck. They walk into the firehouse and head Straight to the locker room. Matt goes to his office while Sylvie goes and grabs some breakfast. But before Brett can meet Fosters replacement the bells go off.

"Truck 81, squad 3, engine 51, ambulance 61"

They all run out to the rigs and drive off. Sylvie gets to briefly know her replacement, Thomas Bryan on the drive there. Then they pull up to a house fire. There's still an older man inside. The fire is spreading quickly so they have to act fast. Casey goes in with a few others and sweep the house.

"I got him" yelled Casey. Everyone got out of the house but it was taking Casey a little longer with the man. Brett got more nervous each minute. Then all of a sudden it collapses.

"Oh my god. CASEY!" Brett screamed. Brett started to cry. She just lost her mother and she just adopted Amelia. She needed Matt.

Authors note: Hey guys, sorry for such the short chapter. Hope you liked it, feel free to tell me how it was! Anyways I should have the next chapter up soon, till next time!