Father's Day

Authors note: Enjoy! I was so excited to see Chicago Fire back!! It was SOOOOO GOOD!!!! (And Casey's long hair is to die for)

One year later,

General POV:

After the wedding, everything was perfect. Matt only had a few close calls on shift, and Amelia was already three years old! Time went by so quickly. They explained to Amelia everything about her mom, but she was only three so didn't understand a lot of it. She understood Sylvie was her sister, but still called her mommy. And as for Matt, well he was just Matt, until now.

Two weeks before Father's Day:

Matt and Sylvie just got off shift and picked up Amelia. So when they got home, it was straight to bed. Sylvie carried Amelia into her bedroom with Matt right behind her. They tucked her into bed and each kissed her forehead.

"Night, love you!" Sylvie whispered.

"Night Monkey!" Matt said.

"Night mommy I love you!" Amelia said, quickly followed by, "Night Matt, I love you!" She smile.

Matt stood there frozen and stunned. She said she loved him. A huge boyish grin appeared on his face.

"I love you too Monkey" he replied.

He turned off the light and slowly shut the door. As soon as the door was shut he whipped his head around to Sylvie. That huge grin still on his face.

"She said she loved me" Matt told Sylvie.

"Well that makes two of us." Sylvie smiled.

Matt didn't wipe that smile off his face the rest of the night. The next morning Matt woke up early so he could make Amelia's favorite, waffles. He may have spoiled her but he honestly didn't care.

He was cooking in the kitchen when he saw Amelia's door creak open. She walked over to him rubbing her eyes. They immediately opened when she saw what he was making.

"Waffles!" She screamed.

"We have whipped cream too" he said.

He picked her up and set her on the counter. He let her help with the batter and pour it into the waffle maker.

"Why don't you go sit at the table and I'll bring you your waffle?" Matt asked.

"Okay!" She replied happily.

Sylvie came out of their bedroom and sat next to Amelia. She smiled up at the man she loved as he walked over to the table. He kissed both their heads and sat the waffles in front of them. Matt put whipped cream all over Amelia's waffle and flung a little on her nose. They all laughed and finished their breakfast.

They dropped Amelia off at daycare, next year she'll be able to go to preschool. They pull up to the station, hand in hand they walk in. As soon as they set their bags down, they get a call.

"Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, Ambo 61"

They all run out the door and get in their rigs. They pull up to the scene, and see a large hotel. A woman runs up to all of them to inform them what's wrong.