Chapter twenty eight

Robert's POV

'You've 'got a friend in me.........you've got a friend in me, If you've got troubles, I've got em too......,'' I sang in the most depressing way ever. ''Oh shut up!'' Lucy shouted annoyed. It had been three days and the third day was almost over and yet, here I was....still kidnapped. ''Whatever you say your craziness,'' I laughed. This time, I had completely given up and I wasn't planning on being hopeful anytime soon. I just sat in the tied up chair, let out a loud sigh and asked, ''When did my life come to this?'' Just then, I saw a figure moving behind a table in the warehouse where I was being kept. Wait...it couldn't be....but it was......it was Sabrina.....manoeuvring her way through the warehouse trying as hard as possible not to be seen. As soon as I saw her, my eyes widened in disbelief. ''What?'' Lucy asked, noticing the expression on my face. ''Nothing,'' I replied quickly and tried not to look in Sabrina's direction so she won't be caught. But how did she get here? How did she even know I was here? Did she come alone? You were right God.....I'm never doubting you again......I was still lost in thought when I heard a loud bang. I snapped out of my thoughts to see Lucy aiming a gun at Sabrina who had been caught by Dante. He had gripped her hands from behind and she struggled to break free. ''Lucy No!'' I shouted. ''I should have killed this bitch a long time ago,'' Lucy said, not taking her eyes off Sabrina with the gun pointing at her. She was about to pull the trigger when someone shouted, ''FREEZE!'' Out of nowhere, a troop of police had barged in with all of them aiming guns at Lucy. She raised her hands in surrender and turned to face them. ''Drop it,'' one of the officers said and she complied and dropped her gun on the floor. ''Now kick it towards me,'' the officer said. Still with her hands raised, Lucy kicked the gun towards the officer. ''Now you, let go off her,'' the officer said to Dante and he released Sabrina raised his hands in the air. ''Go get em,'' the officer said and two cops walked warily towards Lucy and the another two went in for Dante while one of the cops began to untie me from the chair. As soon as I was free, I sighed in relief but before I could say anything else, Lucy had managed to tackle the two cops that tried to arrest her, knocked them out and took their guns. Then she run after Sabrina and grabbed her from behind. She pointed the gun at Sabrina's head while holding Sabrina by her neck and said, ''If you move, I shoot.'' The police officers didn't move but the guy leading the rescue said, ''Careful Lucy..'' ''Oh don't tell me to be careful!'' she shouted aggressively. ''Lucy....you don't have to do this,'' I said carefully. ''This is what is going to happen.....I am going to go out that door in the back with Sabrina and none of you are going to stop me......if any of you dares as to move, I will kill her and I am not bluffing,'' she said and slowly began to walk to the back door with Sabrina. Nobody moved and I didn't know what to do. I just stood there and watched as Lucy took Sabrina away but as soon as she walked out the door, I ran after them. The police tried to stop me but I ignored everyone and everything. By the time I had reached outside, I saw Lucy getting into a car and driving off with Sabrina. I immediately spotted Ryan and Serena sitting in their car, hopped in and said, ''I'll answer all your questions later, just follow her.'' Without hesitating or uttering a word, Ryan sped off trying to catch up with Lucy and right behind us were a bunch of squad cars also in pursuit of Lucy. Their sirens wailed loudly and the red and blue lights shined so bright that they penetrated into Ryan's car. We continued to chase her for about thirty minutes but this girl wasn't willing to give up. ''Stop in the name of the law,'' A police in one of the squad cars said through a megaphone but she kept driving. The squad car eventually overtook us and began gaining on Lucy with Ryan's car right at their tail. That's when I realized the choppers in the sky with their searchlights on as they rode through the Venezuelan night sky also in pursuit. After about an hour, Lucy finally stopped on a bridge. She got out and pulled Sabrina out with her with her gun still pointed at her. She walked towards the edge of the bridge and hopped over to the other side with Sabrina. At this point, they were standing on a thin sheet of metal that was behind the bridge railing and was the only thing holding them from falling into the sea. I immediately got out of the car and ran to them. ''You don't have to do this Lucy.....please just come back unto the bridge,'' I pleaded. ''Take one step closer and I'll jump with her,'' Lucy said nervously. ''Lucy please,'' I begged, rooted to my spot. ''I have nothing else to live for,'' she cried. ''No that's not true, you have so much to live for,'' I comforted. ''No I don't,'' she cried. ''If I surrender now, I'm going to spend the rest of my life in jail,'' she cried as she looked at the cops surrounding me on the safer side of the bridge. ''You were the only good thing I had left in my life Robert....and even you now I've lost,'' she cried. ''Well if I can't have you, then nobody can,'' she threatened before jumping off the bridge with Sabrina. Without thinking, I ran to the edge of the bridge just in time to catch Sabrina's hand. I managed to pull her back unto the bridge but unfortunately, Lucy had already fallen into the sea. As soon as Sabrina landed safely unto the bridge, I pulled her into a hug and hugged tightly. She hugged back and began to cry. ''It's okay.....I got you,'' I comforted as my heart pounded in my chest.