2

my family and the jones have family dinners every two weeks. it's so nice. i love them. they are so much fun to be around and i feel like i'm on my toes every second. there's never a full moment with them. my family gets to their front door and george greets us. he embraces my sister in a huge bear hug and the rest of my family makes our way to the kitchen. duane and yvonne look so excited to see us when we walk in. my brother goes off to find emily and my sister avianna is off to do the same for ellie. i lean on the kitchen counter and look around the places of their house i can see from where i'm standing and look for jack as our parents are having a conversation together. i couldn't see him anywhere. his phone was on the counter though, unattented. huh that's odd  i think to myself. i wait for him for a couple minutes to see if he shows up. i hear feet coming down the stairs and i whip my head around to see who is was. it was jack!!! finally i say to myself as he spots me. he walks down the stairs to give me a big hug and says,

    "hi, y/n" while he holds you in a hug for a bit longer and you could hear in the tone of his voice that he smiled while saying that. before dinner, we went to the front yard and got out their two long boards. i see isabel's call roll up into the driveway and she gets out with her girlfriend, natalia. they walk up to us and isabel says "watcha doin?" while putting her arm around natalia. jack says "just riding on the longboards" isabel and natalia turn around to go back to the house. once they walk into the door jack asks "y/n, do you think we should go inside? dinner is probably gonna be ready in a couple minutes." "sure" we go back into the house and surprise surprise, dinner isn't ready. so we go up to his room. it's really nice that he has his room to himself now that george and adam have moved out. he shuts the door and i'm a little surprised because he never closes the door. he sits down and turns on some music and starts talking to me. all i really hear though is "jebshwjwhehe blah blah ejbebehe blah blah" because i'm not listening to him. just staring. oh my gosh. he looks so cute today. why have i never realis- wait what are you talking about?!?! do i.. have a crush? wait. no. no way. there's no way that i, y/n, have a crush on someone. "y/n" jack says "earth to y/n" and he snaps his fingers. i snap back into reality reality and i get nervous. what do i dooooo! aaaaahhh how do i excuse this  "huh?" i say looking at him "oh, there you are. you were just staring at me" "oops, sorry. i was just.. zoning out" he laughs and it gives me butterflies oh my gosh he's so cute. i totally like him. he goes back to doing whatever he was. staking his sketch books? i say, "hey jack?" he looks up at me "mhm?" "i'm gonna run to the bathroom real quick. k?" "okay" and i turn into the closest bathroom. i whip out my phone and text my friend kenji. hopefully she's up, it's 3am where she is.
                                         KENJI!
whatttttt

                          you know jack, right?

yep. the one you talk about all the time?
                     YES, okay but i'm pretty        sure i like him aaaahhgggh

heheheee

                                             what?
she leaves me on read. great. i go to exit the bathroom but flush the toilet and turn on the sink for a couple seconds so it doesn't seem suspicious. i walk into his room but he isn't there. i assumed he was downstairs so i go down the stairs and he was in the backyard with everyone else. i walk out to the backyard backyard and jack pats the spot next to him signaling he wants me to sit next to him. duane puts down 2 hotdogs in front of us with some condiments. the only thing i put on my hotdog is ketchup because other things are ... ew. but jack puts other things on it because he's a food guy. we talk to each other throughout the whole dinner with one of our parents butting in every once in a while asking us "HoWs ScHoOl GoInG" or "aRe YoU dOiNg AnY sPoRtS tHiS yEaR" typical adult stuff they ask teenagers because they don't know how to talk to us. anyways, i love being in jacks presence. he always makes me feel so comforted and happy. we finish our dinner and start playing corn hole while we wait for whatever dessert adam will bake for us tonight.

829
hiii if you're reading this, how are you liking it so far? i hope you enjoy it:)