3

adam brought out what we were having for our desert. brownies!! ugh they are so good. jack and i make our way back to the table and dig in. i finish the first brownie in seconds, so does jack. i decide to go put my dishes away in the kitchen and when i put them down i heard the back door open. i look over and see emily walking over to me.
"i can tell you like jack." she says with a wink.
  "what?? how do you know?" i ask.
   "well, i see the way you look at him and your body language is around him." she laughs "but it's okay, i think he likes you too." and she leaves the kitchen. i walk back out to the back yard and sit next to jack.
    "jack," i whisper in his ear "wanna go inside?" he looks at me and nods.
   we walk inside and sit on the couch.
    "wanna watch a movie?" he asks me.
    "sure. ummm let's watch the lorax" i say. he turns on netflix and searches the lorax. i've always seen a similarity between him and ted.
    "has anyone ever told you that you look like ted in this movie?" he laughs
     "what?!" he says while smiling.
     "yes!! you look like ted, i've always thought that." i lay my head on his shoulder and start to drift off a bit. i look at the time 11:53?! what? i look up at jack and he's still awake.
     "hi, sleepy head. your parents went home. they said you can stay here tonight" he tells me.
      "oh okay, whatcha watchin" i ask him since he had changed the movie.
      "barbie and the life in the dream house. it's not a movie, but it's super entertaining" he says and blushes because i think he's embarrassed."
      "OH MY GOSH! i love this show." we watch it for about 30 more minutes and he turns off the tv.
      "i think we should go to bed now, i'll go upstairs and ask ellie if she has a pair of shorts you can wear." he tells me. he comes back downstairs with a hoodie of his and some of ellie's shorts.
     "okay, take these and go change" he tells me. i go up to his room and change. i walk out and see him at the door.
     "goodnight" he hugs me "i'm gonna go sleep downstairs."
     "nooo, you should sleep in your room" i step out of the room.
      "nooo, you should sleep in my room"
       "jack! i insist you sleep in your own room"
        "y/n, please just sleep in there" he pushes me in the room and closes the door. i walk over to his bed and lay on top of the comforter because i don't feel like doing anything else right now. i fall asleep practically right then and there.

      i wake up the next morning, 7:55, i say to myself and look at my phone and see a text from mom.

  Hi honey, please come home at 10am today. I love you!

  i decide to get up and change into my clothes from yesterday. ugh i feel gross. i wish i always had a backup toothbrush on me. i go downstairs and ask ellie,
   "is jack still sleeping?"
    "yup" she says to me with a warm smile.
i sit down at a seat on the counter and look through my phone while i wait for jack to get up.
i look up and there he is. super messy hair. that's cute.
   "morning, sleepy head" i say to him remembering what he told me last night. he smiled,
   "good morning", he says with a smile growing on his face. "would you like some breakfast?"
    "sure." i smile back at him. he pulls some cinnamon rolls out of the fridge and puts them in the microwave. we eat breakfast and he says,
    "i'll be back in a second" he says with a smile on his face. at that moment i automatically knew he was up to something. i feel a sting in my back and whip around.

jack was standing there with a nerf gun and he bursts out laughing.
"JACK!" and he laughs even harder. i run upstairs and grab a nerf gun from their library. i crept back downstairs quietly and see jack standing around a corner the opposite way waiting for me so he can shoot me. i load up my gun and start shooting him with darts in the back. he turns around quickly and one hits him right in the middle of the forehead and i giggle. he starts chasing me down the hallway and shooting me with darts at the same time. the house is filled with laughter. this feels like a movie. i run to the top of the stairs and from the bottom of the stairs he manages to hits me in the middle of my chest.
   "ah! you've killed me" i say falling to the floor dramatically and sticking my tounge out like ah😜 i laugh and stand up and look at the time 9:58
   "okay jack, i gotta go. my parents want me home by ten." we say our goodbyes to each other and i start to walk home. good thing i live next door.

886
ahgg!!! I'm really happy with how this chapter turned out! what are you guys thinking of this so far?