Outbreak

[Third Person POV / No Ones POV]

Marius stumbled out of the building, holding his wounded side. Clutching on to Olivier, tears poured from his eyes. Trying to the pain. It stung, it ached. Every part of it. Looking up, he squinted at the large light of the helicopter. His vision began to grow blurry, finally being pulled towards the landing helicopter. His legs began to give out, shaking violently. The small german male groaned, finally passing out. Olivier had quickly caught Marius; picking him up.

[ Time Skip: Back At The Base ]

Marius woke up, his blurred vision became clear.
"You're awake."
Slowly, he looked over at Gustave. Seeing a tray of .. red crystals ? No, spikes ? Marius sat up, looking down at his bandaged up side.
"I removed the infection. It began to grow fast. Red spikes began to sprout from the wound, I got them all out quickly."
Marius didn't speak, he just nodded. Gently pressing the tips of his fingers against the bandages.
"Be careful."
Slowly, he pulled his hand away. ".. where's Dominic?"
".. you've forgotten. Well, he wasn't involved in the chimera project. So, he currently isn't here. He's back at HQ."
"I want to see him."
"You can't. You'll be quarantined for as long as I see fit."
Marius and Gustave began to argue back and forth. Until Gustave asked if he wanted to put Dominic at risk. To which Marius said no, and shut his mouth. Agreeing to the quarantine. Marius watched Doc exit the tent, staring at his lap. The pain in his side began to grow, feeling a sharp poking at his flesh. 'it's probably nothing .. Doc got all of the infection out .. right ..? I don't wanna ask him about it it .. he'll think im doubting his work ..'
Slowly, Marius removed the glove from his right hand. Staring at the ring on his finger.

[ new book !! this is mainly a background chapter ! ]